All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageiowa riverper daybrew pubon site restaurantnice hotelmini fridgeshuttle servicefootball weekendthe staff was greatrooms were very cleanlibraryweddingwriteruniversitywetlands
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 1 night on a driving trip. We are used to higher end corporate hotels and this hotel fit that description. The staff was friendly, efficient and professional. The room was comfortable, quiet and well appointed--we were on one of the top 2 floors. Access to I-80 was quick and easy. We were surprised to find a new development right outside the hotel that included several nice restaurants--sushi, brew pub and upscale American bistro--that we could walk to. There is an $8 overnight parking fee (in & out anytime) for self parking in a nearby covered garage which is city owned. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at this Marriott for one night in December and it couldn't have been nicer. The building, the room, the service, and the conference area were superb. Even though I didn't have a chance to use it, I would have liked to spend some time in the library room near the lobby for quiet reading. Would definitely return here if ever in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Make no mistake, the quality of this Marriott compares easy to a Westin, I've stayed there 3 times. Great service at the front desk (the college kids are well trained) , luggage assistance and room service. Although I've paid more than what this Marriott charges per night in various parts of the world (like Maui) , I can't justify the cost in the middle of Iowa. At a minimum, these are Chicago prices. Doesn't make sense. Give me walking access to Navy Pier, Solder Field, Wrigley, Untied Center, Sox Park or the Theater District and I'll not complain about the room rate per night. OK - you're close to Target, Wal-Mart and Applebees - give me a break. I'm headed to the Holliday Inn Express next time. Nearly $400 per night is unreasonable - sorry.

Sorry Marriott - you can't Charge Maui prices in Iowa.

You get a 4 for quality but a 2 for price; Thats why I rank you a 3.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott805
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great place to stay! We will be staying at this hotel again in the future. When I booked my reservation, I wasn't staying at this hotel. The day of check in, I was able to get a room at this hotel. Clean & Friendly staff may our stay the best we have had in Iowa City, IA ever!

Room Tip: Ask for the best possible room when you arrive.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good location right off the highway. Added features every visit around site. New brewery is great. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable. Work out facility is small but adequate. Restaurant seems to get overwhelmed with a medium sized crowd. Food is decent though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family