All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageiowa riverper daybrew pubon site restaurantnice hotelmini fridgeshuttle servicethe staff was greatfootball weekendrooms were very cleanlibraryweddingwriteruniversitywetlands
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Make no mistake, the quality of this Marriott compares easy to a Westin, I've stayed there 3 times. Great service at the front desk (the college kids are well trained) , luggage assistance and room service. Although I've paid more than what this Marriott charges per night in various parts of the world (like Maui) , I can't justify the cost in the middle of Iowa. At a minimum, these are Chicago prices. Doesn't make sense. Give me walking access to Navy Pier, Solder Field, Wrigley, Untied Center, Sox Park or the Theater District and I'll not complain about the room rate per night. OK - you're close to Target, Wal-Mart and Applebees - give me a break. I'm headed to the Holliday Inn Express next time. Nearly $400 per night is unreasonable - sorry.

Sorry Marriott - you can't Charge Maui prices in Iowa.

You get a 4 for quality but a 2 for price; Thats why I rank you a 3.

1  Thank Scott805
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great place to stay! We will be staying at this hotel again in the future. When I booked my reservation, I wasn't staying at this hotel. The day of check in, I was able to get a room at this hotel. Clean & Friendly staff may our stay the best we have had in Iowa City, IA ever!

Room Tip: Ask for the best possible room when you arrive.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good location right off the highway. Added features every visit around site. New brewery is great. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable. Work out facility is small but adequate. Restaurant seems to get overwhelmed with a medium sized crowd. Food is decent though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Nice room, very comfortable, great sheets and towels.

Felt as if there were too many charges that the hotel should absorb. Guests have to pay $8 a day for parking (in Coralville, really??) as well as for local calls. There isn't even free coffee in the lobby and the hotel restaurant is overpriced.

I received an email prior to check in asking if I had special requests which was nice but they couldn't accommodate the early check in I requested, they didn't seem aware of the request when I called to ask if I could arrive early.

Room Tip: Room facing back was quiet although looking out over rooftop.
5  Thank Jean R
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this resort. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. All of the staff in the restaurant, the barista (I think her name is Stephanie) and especially the manager, Zach Dimmitt. He was outstanding in so many ways. Good service, made me feel at home and can strike up a friendly conversation. Please take good care of Zach so that he will continue to take good care of guests like myself who like to travel but experience the welcome of a friend's home.

Room Tip: You can win by choosing any room. The hotel is located at the end of a road so there is very little traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business