All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageiowa riverper daybrew pubon site restaurantnice hotelmini fridgeshuttle servicefootball weekendthe staff was greatrooms were very cleanlibraryweddingwriteruniversitywetlands
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This was my first time staying here. We came for a wedding and because of that, received a cheap wedding rate and free parking. I loved how clean it was and that they had a gorgeous lobby with a giant Christmas tree, free churros and apple cider at night, a fireplace and a library. Everything was very clean. The rooms had plenty of pillows, plenty of towels, and wood paneling and overhead reading lights on the beds. There was an adjustable thermostat. We ate at the restaurant one night and the meal was large and oh so good-better than I've ever had at a hotel restaurant. I had the chicken panini and it came with olives, a few bites of potato salad, delicious water that was ice cold and French fries that were crispy and moist. The only complaint I had was that they didn't have hot chocolate in the coffee percolator in the lobby, but what tasted like just plain apple juice and they had virtually no good cable channels, except HBO, TNT, news channels, Disney Channel and football. Luckily, I was able to make do using TNT. I do not have cable or TV at home, so I was excited to be able to watch channels like Lifetime, HGTV, or TLC here. I think they should consider getting more cable channels. One other hard thing was that the rooms are made for people who are 6 foot or up. I am only five feet and had a hard time getting my shoes on when I woke up in the morning or getting in and out of the tub because everything was so high up. The other person who traveled with me has arthritis in her hip and knee and had a hard time with the high beds and tub as well. The front desk staff were all very nice. They also give you Bath and Body Works shampoo, lotion and conditioner.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank starz8
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Many thanks for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We appreciate the nice comments on our Christmas decorations and the food and service in our Edgewater Grille. We are always looking for ways to improve the amenities that are provided for our guests and we will look in the possibility of adding more channels to our cable listings.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Coralville Marriott is a very clean, nice facility. The rooms are nice, and lobby is very top notch. I have a major complaint though... to charge parking in the middle of nowhere for guests of the hotel is rediculous!! The parking ramp is nearly a block away... no way my father could have managed that hike... and the ONLY facility it services is the Marriott. Just outlandish that they would charge for the use of it... I will never choose to stay here again until they change that policy. What a waste of money! I'll go down the road to the Hampton next time.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank coachGS
Management2006, General Manager at Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you for the kind comments concerning our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will continue to stay with us when your travels take you to the Coralville/Iowa City area.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Very clean & comfortable, pleasant & knowledgeable staff, met & exceeded our expectations. Two thumbs up for the onsite restaurant as well. We will always compare others to this location. The only thing that took us a little off guard was the parking located in a newer ramp (generously sized parking spots), 24/7 security & shuttle if needed (1/3 block or less from hotel front entry) but was an $8.00 charge for unlimited 24 hour access. This city owned ramp is great for keeping your vehicle out of the elements but we didn't expect the
$8.00 fee. We will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Alroberts1212

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Beautiful hotel. Staff very attentive staff. Rooms are comfortable, stayed in 642 which had a great view of the river. My only complaint is the Internet system and telephone reception. I have ATT and was unable to get cell phone reception in my room. I was also unable to utilize VPN due to an extremely slow Internet connection.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank WatermanWife
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Typical Marriott located 30 minutes from Cedar Rapids. Comfortable, quiet and clean. Stayed here on business trip because the Cedar Rapids Marriott was full. Have to pay for parking even though this property is located in the middle of nowhere. Great for office off-site or holiday party, but not for the business traveler unless you like long drives.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business