“Very Good Stay”

Comfort Suites Coralville
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We booked this hotel as one of our stops in our family spring break and had a very good stay. We stayed only one night, but offer the following review.

Good – the rooms had a good layout, fridge, microwave, clean room, and fairly good sound insulation, the waterslide was good, kids liked it and the main pool was warm, the breakfast was good selection for a Comfort Suites, good value for the price, close to the mall, shopping, and the interstate, Disney Channel for the kids.

Needs Improvement – the spa/hot tub was cold, actually colder than the main pool, more pool towels needed, ran out the night we were there

Note this hotel is next to the train tracks (you are only 3 car lengths from the actual tracks), if I were a light sleeper this would have bothered me more, but since the sound insulation is good I was not bothered much. When a train goes by it does shake the room some. So for a quieter room you may try asking for the non-train track side of the hotel.

Overall a good stay and good value.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelling_W_Family

Reviewed November 7, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel probably 8 times since it opened. The location is wonderful for Hawkeye football games as the Hawkeye Express train boards right out the front door of the hotel and takes you to Kinnick stadium. The Coralville mall is just across the street and easy to walk or drive to. There is a fairly decent breakfast buffet and the rooms are clean and roomy. The pool is large and has a water slide that kids love. However, every time we have been to this hotel, the pool water is freezing. I almost always call the front desk and ask them to turn up the heater. The pool would be much more enjoyable if the temperature was warmer. If it weren't for the location of this hotel, we would probably not return just for the fact that the pool is not enjoyable. If you don't care about the pool, the hotel is great. Not a lot of amenities, but it's a great value.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I was here on business and brought my family. They all had a great time while I was working. The pool is great- water slide open for 3 hours in the evening and on weekends also three hours in the morning. The rooms were big even for a family of 4. The breakfast buffet had many more choices than other hotels I typically stay at including make your own waffles, fresh fruit, fruit salad,etc. This hotel is very close to a large mall and there's tons of things to do there including ice skating and a kids museum as well as the usual mall shops. There is also a walking trail right in back of this hotel. I walked about 2 miles - very nice. It would be great if you happen to bring a bike along.
Staff here was very friendly and available every time I went to the desk. Everything was working in the room, and all rooms have a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed here with my 2 stepkids, and were nicely surprised. The rate was very good for the days we stayed (less than $100), and for that price the room was great. I think all rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, which is nice. The continental breakfast is quite good but ends early in the morning (runs from 6-9 am on weekdays), so don't plan on sleeping in too much if you want to catch the breakfast.

The water slide was great, and the pool is actually not heavily chlorinated. The only problem we had was with other unsupervised children in the pool area who harassed our kids, but that's not the hotel's fault. Front desk staff was always very friendly, and housekeeping did a very good job.

The hotel is only a 15-20 minute drive to the Amana Colonies and the outlet mall in Williamsburg. It's a great choice to stay in Coralville since it's close enough to Iowa City to have some good dining choices. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank hangbo
Reviewed December 17, 2006

I recently stayed here and it was a nice room by the pool. Pool was spacious with a fun slide! Clean and comforatable. I would definetly reccomend it. It's pretty new, so its cozy and clean. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed March 25, 2006

Really a good value for a very nice place. My kids enjoyed the slide. The booking was messed up a little, as I had booked a suite and they did not have that available. To make up for that they gave us 2 adjoining rooms for the price of the suite, which was really a better deal, as then we had 2 bathrooms. They were very careful to give us adjoining rooms as they assumed we wanted kids in one room. The breakfast is nothing spectacular, but better than nothing, and well serviced.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank smingebrig
Reviewed March 15, 2006

My family stayed at this hotel for a little mid-winter getaway and had a great time. I have two young children (3 and 6) and we enjoyed the water slide in the evening and again in the morning. The pool area was nice as it was a curved "river" shape which was a nice change from just a rectangular pool. It also had a nice hot tub. The rooms were very spacious with a larger refrigerator and separate sitting area. The hotel appeared to be new and had a nice hot breakfast buffet in the morning. The hotel is located right across the street from the Coral Ridge Mall which was very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2006