“Good dinner”

Cuisines: American
Quincy, Illinois
“Good dinner”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I dined at Cheddar's on our recent trip to Coralville. We went on a Tuesday evening after shopping at the near by Costco. The restaurant was only about half full.

My wife had the crispy chicken salad, a large green salad with pieces of crispy fried chicken on top. She loved it with two dressings on the side, a ranch for the greens and a honey mustard to dip the chicken in.

I had the New Orleans pasta, a mix of chicken and shrimp with pasta, in a spicy cream sauce. I've had similar dishes in a number of restaurants over the past 20 years, and it is a favorite of mine. This version was very good, but not great. The creamy sauce was a bit too heavy and generous, and was way under seasoned for a dish that was supposed to be spicy. Give me half the sauce and triple the spice and this would have been great. The chicken, shrimp and pasta components were excellent.

Service was friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2014

Oxford, Iowa
“Cheddar's”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Arrived for lunch with four hungry adults. We got seated immediately and our waitress immediately took our drink orders. The food arrived in a timely manner, was hot and delicious. Our waitress was attentive and the price was reasonable. This was not our first time at this location and have not been disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Retired1939
Walden, Colorado
“So reasonably priced!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We love Cheddar's! Great variety of food, good service, lots of fun adult beverage choices. And a 5 minute wait on Friday night. Don't forget to ask for croissants! YUM!

1 Thank MountainMom7
“Different menu”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I ate here after it first opened and was shocked at how different the menu is from other Cheddar's I've visited. The sandwich I normally get is not at this location, so I ordered a club sandwich that was too greasy - would be much better if not on a toasted bun. Also ordered croissants and while they tasted good, they were way too messy being sopped in butter. I'm afraid I'm done with this Cheddar's location unfortunately.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank GetMeOuttaThisTown
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great meal at a reasonable cost!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had the opportunity to take my son out for dinner and we decided to try Cheddar's in Coralville, IA. The service was great and they had a wide variety of menu options. My son had the Monte Cristo sandwich with a side of the Broccoli Casserole. I had the Strips and Shrimp combo with Broccoli Casserole and Sweet Baby Carrots as side dishes. The shrimp were large, breaded, and served with a great cocktail sauce. The strips were great pieces of boneless chicken and the honey mustard sauce had a little kick. I had the Raspberry Tea, which was better than the Mango Tea my son had. We also had the Cheese Fries as an appetizer, which were covered with crumbled bacon. They were delicious!!! A Great meal at a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2014