“A hit with us!”

Cheddar's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 126 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My first visit, but third for other family members. Great first impression and looking forward to next time. My order of salmon from the "lighter" side, served with miso glaze, beautiful fresh broccoli and a tasteful amount of rice, was perfect. The portion was not over-sized, but there was still enough to take-out. Orders for my family members who had been there before were plentiful enough for TWO meals--the Monte Cristo sandwich, and tne shrimp and tenders combo. Half-orders would have worked for them. The prices were reasonable, and less than I would have expected. I am a water - drinker (don't drink soda normally, but also hate paying what I consider exorbitant price for it!). The strawberry lemonade, free refills, was the favorite of my guests. We had about 15-20 minute wait--not bad fof a packed house at 1:00 on Sunday. Though we hsd somewhat of a wait for our food, it seemed reasonable for how busy it was.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Good food-great service-fair prices-huge servings-take home boxes available-will certainly will be going back

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Everything on their menu is made from scratch, down to the sauces they use within their entrees. The average meal was $10 or less, and the quality was great. Burgers, pasta, sandwiches, chicken, something for everyone. Casual atmosphere. They do usually have a 10-20 minute wait during prime meal times.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is always hoppin'. I don't care what time it is or what day it is, the parking lot is full--like cars parking on the grass full. My boyfriend and I decided we should try it. I really don't know why it's so popular. We had the two dips appetizer. If you want the queso at Cheddar's, take the crock pot out of your cupboard, put velvetta and ro-tel in said crock pot, put heat on medium, and viola! you have the queso at Cheddar's. If you want queso better than what they offer at Cheddar's, go to the Quinton's in Coralville and order the CCQ. My boyfriend got the club sandwich, which was small and mayoless. I got the Baja chicken something. It was decent, but I get the same thing at Panchero's when I order the burrito bowl. Overall, if you're looking for a chain restaurant experience, you should go to Chili's, because Chili's is awesome. I would give it a 2.5 if I could. We were served in a prompt manner and food came out quickly.

1  Thank megehen
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My family and I ate at this Cheddar's on a Saturday night. At 6:30PM we had a 15 m in wait. We were seated in the bar/lounge area booth. The environment did not give me the impression of being a new restaurant. The environment was dark, wood table not appear to be very clean, booth seat also not very clean. The booth seat underneath my feet was loose. We ordered fish tacos that my wife said was very good, chicken pot pie was also good. The monte cristo sandwich was average (Bennigan's is much better).
The menu has a lot of variety that would meet the need of many.
We may return in about 2 years.