“Great in my Book”

Dining options: Late Night
Mulberry, Kansas, United States
“Great in my Book”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Wife and I were traveling for the Thanksgiving weekend. We stopped here on our way to Chicago. Thomas was our waiter, and did an excellent job of seeing to our needs. The food was hot, and I could eat breakfast 24/7, so I ordered pancakes and bacon. The price was in reason too. I would recommend the Perkins in Coralville, Iowa. If I had a complaint, then it would have to be the price of there coffee. $2.99 - That is high in my book. Even though it is for a small pot. Not everyone can drink that much at a setting.

• Visited November 2012

Wichita, Kansas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant was close to our hotel. The food was not as good as other Perkins we've visited. We were disappointed in the food and the service.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Carry out quick & delicious”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We needed a quick breakfast Saturday morning on the run. They took our to go order quickly and produced it just as quickly all bagged with napkins and silverware. Everything was hot and delicious!

Visited August 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Undercooked pancakes at a pancake house? What's up with that?”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Undercooked pancakes at a pancake house? What's up with that?

We stopped here thinking we'd get an good breakfast at a fair price before moving on to our next destination. What we got was uncooked pancakes, eggs from a carton, greasy hash browns, and the worst sourdough toast I've ever eaten. A poor, $15 breakfast for $20. Along with that, we were subjected to a hard sell sales pitch for baked goods (including leaving a take home box at our table for our expected selections) and a hard sell sales pitch for a stuffed bear that we could buy to pay for the chain's chosen charity write off. Uncomfortable on both accounts, to say the least.
It was clean…. I'll give them that. But, after this 'dining experience' Perkins will be on our list of restaurants to avoid for years to come

Visited August 2012
Schaumburg, Illinois
“"Cook Wanted" - turn around.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

How can you get eggs wrong? Slow service. We should have turned around when the marquee said "Cook Wanted".

Visited June 2012