Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA
Residence Inn Coralville(Coralville)
$124
Residence Inn
$129
All reviewsbreakfast roomgreat shoppingcomfortable bedcomplimentary breakfastfresh cookieshot itemsstaff was friendlywould stay here againoatmealgas stationoff the highwaynice breakfastmeeting roomdesk clerknice staymini fridgechecking in
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed there over the winter holidays with family and friends. I've been thinking if it's worth even writing a review given that we will never stay there again. But I think other travelers have the right to know. I overheard what I think was the manager (dressed up short guy) talking to some other employee (possible maintenance) about bed bugs they had in one of the rooms. Knowing that they are required by law to tell people they had bed bugs I checked online, but couldn't find anything about this location. I checked my room of course pretty thourough and then talked to my friends. They advised to go and talk to front desk. Went down the next day (Saturday) and asked if they had BED BUGS in any of the rooms recently. Initially he said no, and then I told him that the requires to tell the truth if asked. He then said yeah, but that was it. No apologies, or what was done, or hey don't worry about it. It happened only once here and we did a pretty good job getting rid of them. Nothing. Just aknowledged that they had BED BUGS. He seemed to be pretty rude (stocky, blondish guy) and not knowing what he was doing. I asked if I could talk to a manager, and he said he was replacing the manager over the weekend. Then I said he needs to call the manager because I need a reassurance that for the crap load of money we were paying I wasn't gonna take some BED BUGS home with me. He said he would let me know. Nobody called me back with an asnwer for the remaining of my stay. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE/MANAGEMENT. Before leaving I encountered yet another person at the desk and when I asked why the manager didn't call me back I was told that usually if manager is called over the weekend he tells employees to give free rooms to guests or whatever elese because he doesn't want to deal with it. WOW. Anyone wondering why we wouldn't stay there ever again???? Not to mention that rooms were very poorely cleaned,very cold in the room ,it would not warm up for nothing in the world. dust and spiderwebs everywhere. And breakfast constantly cold and tasted like plastic, not even close to real food. What is your food made of by the way? I would be very curious to know. My family and I have been staying at Country Inns often, but this was by far THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF ALL HOTELS COMBINED.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Allison G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

At the Country Inn & Suites Coralville, our guests are very important to us. We value all feedback. We are currently investigating this issue. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I can't say the stay was horrible, but there are plenty of hotels in the Iowa City area and I think I'd try a different one next time. First problem was someone had left their breakfast in one of the dresser drawers so as soon as I checked in and went to put something in the drawer there was a bowl of cereal and an English muffin! A bit off putting and made me question how thoroughly the rooms are cleaned. Then we tried over and over again to call the front desk and never got an answer. Finally went down to request a wake up call for the next morning. The guy at the desk said so problem. Never got the wake up call. Both of the fellows at the front desk seemed nonchalant at best. The breakfast was fine (though one waffle maker got jammed up and there didn't seem to be any hurry to get it cleaned), the work out room was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CountryInn52241, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear kagardner,

I have addressed issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for my business trip. Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, except that staff services at counter was not available 24 hrs by 7 days. It can go unmanned for 15 mins at time. There is no food available after breakfast and you ahd to drive out or walk to the restaurant beside for food. Walmart is 8 mins walk from the Hotel. There is no much shopping areas within the Hotel and no public transport around the hotel. IS only good for stay if you driving and prefer a quite place for resting.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear JamesSeah,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the hotel. We will pass this on to our staff. As a hotel we value feedback because, it allow us to make the neccessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again for future trips to the area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here one night, 9/31, and was quite comfortable. The room was nice and clean. Front desk was pleasant. Breakfast was good. All in all, a nice average place to stay. My only drawback was the price. I have been staying at hotels all over the same area and this one doesn't seem to be any better or worse than the others but the price is certainly higher.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coralville, IA, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Bryan E R,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We appreciate your comments, and will pass them on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We appreciate all guest feeback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Sincerley,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent two nights here on a business trip - our corporate select hotel in the area. I will stay elsewhere on my next visit. Rate of $134/night is way overpriced for this property. It is a basic suite set-up, but is furnished with lower quality technology (Hisense and Dynex flat screen TVs). Wireless Internet was extremely slow and my iPad stuggled to stay connected. While the location was convenient to my office, it is located north of I-80 and thus is a bit out of the main commercial area for restaurants. There are other newer properties just south of I-80 that would be better options at this price.

Room Tip: At a different property!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business