“Comfort food options”

Ranked #95 of 122 Restaurants in Coralville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We meet friends here, we haven't been before. The restaurant is bigger than it looks with outdoor seating. We had fried pickles, they were tastey. Big variety in menu items. We had everything from salad to meatloaf to chicken guac BLT to potato skins. Oatmeal pie cinnamon ice cream. We live 4 hours away, and I think we'd go again. The prices were a bit high, $68 for 4, with tip - no alcohol. Our friends had 2 people, their bill was s40, one beer.

There are newer reviews for Mondo's Tomato Pie

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We asked our hotel clerk for a local restaurant recommendation. She told us of this one. It is a sports bar and expensive. The food was good, but not impressive. I had a sandwich that was very messy. I asked the waitress for extra napkins; she finally returned 10-15 minutes later and asked if I still needed the napkins; I had already eaten the sandwich. We also needed drink refills. All in all, I would not recommend this restaurant. We wanted something local instead of a chain restaurant, but this was no better than a chain restaurant.

1  Thank Dagma
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Before ordering anywhere, I always wash my hands and check if the bathroom is acceptable..if not, I won't order.. I ordered the portabella burger and it's taste was as grand as it's size.. I only waited 10 minutes, but saw wonderful dishes of food being served and hoped mine would be as good..it was..and i'm so stuffed..you get what you pay for..i noticed some comments about it being expensive..my portabella burger was a nice thick cap, with avocado, onion, medium spicy red peppers, romaine, and a wonderful sauce, on a french baked bun and good fries too..it was $9..that's not expensive..i think it's a deal..as a restaurant i'd give it 5 stars for food and service..but as a sportsbar, it blew my mind..*traveler tip* If you're in an oversized vehicle, call ahead and ask for Aaron, he'll help you get you parked..

1  Thank Panama736
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I don't like to watch television while I eat, so I don't love this place, but the food is good and plentiful.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We've been going there less and less. The pasta sauce has been too peppery on more than one occasion...We still like the atmosphere, but the value is not there. They charge for bread, which we think should be included with dinner.