“Andrew Is the Man!”

Backpocket Brewery
Ranked #9 of 123 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were visiting for a food show next door at the Marriot. We found the brewery to be very informative and entertaining all becouse of Andrew! He was so knowlegable in the beers and we were happy for all the information on the establishment.My husband had the flight of beers and couyld not find one he did not like. I do not normaly drink beer but that changed after my first taste. It was a very enjoyable night all becouse of his great knowledge of the business and his personal attention!Thanks again for a wonderful night! (Our group were comprised of A Chef,manager and business owners which can be a tough group to please but not when you have a person that truly enjoys his job!)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I watched a Stanley Cup playoff game here with a buddy and had a very good time. The beer they brew is very good, at least dark variety I drank was. It looked like pizza is their specialty and the waiter said they grilled burgers outside when the weather was nice. The bar area was a little noisy due to the construction I think. So probably not a good place for alot of conversation.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Good beer and pizza. Some salads and snacks available as well. A little too noisy because of all the brewing equipment/processing.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stopped at Back Pocket to try a few of their beers, and have a bite to eat. The beer was great, however, the food was not. We each ordered a pizza. There were only a handful of toppings, and they were all in the center of the pizza. The outside crust of the pizza was charred, however, the center was soft and gooey. I will come back for the beer, but next time, I will order something other than the pizza.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Would give 5 stars if they had a full bar. We ordered several of their pizzas and the entire group enjoyed them. Some people in the group do not drink beer so we only stayed about 1 1/2 hours. Wine selection was extremely limited (i.e. one white, one red) so if you do not want to drink beer you may want to think twice about going here.

1  Thank Geno M