Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
$149
$134
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat hotelcupcakesiowa citysuite hotelfull kitcheniowa river landingfavorite hotelvon maurevening receptionwithin walking distancehome away from homedefinitely stay here againpull out couchcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffpool and hot tubyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Pros:
*Beautiful, modern decor in the common areas and guest rooms
*Full kitchen in each room
*Separate living room and bedroom
*Quiet
*Comfy beds
*2 tvs
*Clean (with 1 issue, listed later)
*Breakfast staff was friendly
*Free breakfast

Cons:
*Similar to another guest's experience, the front desk clerk wanted to change the rate I received when making the reservation. I've never had this happen before and was a little taken aback and offended.
*We found a dirty, used wash cloth on top of the shower curtain. Yuck!
*Not as many frozen food choices for microwaves that another Homewood Suites offered (and we needed to eat!)
*You have to ask for a paper copy of the bill. (never had that happen before, either)

This was a nice place to stay, and I'd consider staying there again, but will also look at other options, since apparently the issue with trying to change rates when guests show up has come up a couple times at this hotel. (The other guest's experience, posted a few days ago, was absolutely awful.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good stay. Parking quite close, breakfast hot and good, suites rather new and sizable. I heard there was a mon thru fri dinner included, but I was busy and couldn't partake. professional staff fixed one of my familys reservations that I screwed up. We shall return!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our son will be attending The University of Iowa this fall so we needed to get him registered for college. We arrived early and our room was ready. When we opned the door to the suite, we all were pleasantly surprised! I would highly recommend this property! Close to the Univesrsity, shopping and dining. AAA++++

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is new and clean and beautiful. Our 2-bedroom suite met all of our expectations. There was a good variety at breakfast, and the manager's reception in the evening was excellent. A real bonus when it includes a full meal and complimentary wine and beer. The staff was exceptional and very welcoming. Easy access from the Interstate and shopping nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on June 29th. This is a new Hotel. The rooms were great . The parking really sucks. You either have to park along way from the entrance or you have to park. Were people drive to get to a store behind the hotel. We parked there. There are no stop signs or speed limit signs. People drive thru there entirely too fast. Some one almost hit my sonwho is 5 years old. Now as for my problem with the staff. We were in town, due to a family emergency. My aunt had gotten into a serious automobile accident. And was admitted to the hospital were she later passed away. when we made our reservation we were promised a special rate due to the circumstances. However when we got to the hotel the lady Michelle. Said she could not honor the rate with out an appointment card. I tried explaining to her you do not get an appointment card when you get flown to the emergency room bye helicopter. .. Then she wanted something from the hospital. The hospital did not want to release information for us to give to the hotel. For privacy reasons. I told her she was more than welcome to call the hospital and ask for her room. But she demanded something. In writing. Needless to say we did not get the rate we were supposed to get. I wanted to hurry up and get to the hospital. So i just paid the higher rate. I have stayed at other Hilton properties were it was great. Not just that she did not give us the right that they had promised was extremely rude when checking us in. because of her and onl because of her and only her. the rest of the staff was great. My only two issues were the parking and Michelle had check me in to the check me in to any hotel. nights per nights per month do to do to work

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank pilotcar1
Matt T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure we communicate all rate policies up front so this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.