“A great new hotel...”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Kansas City
“A great new hotel...”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped on at this Homewood Suites on our way from Michigan to Kansas. After a long day's drive, with a 6 week old and 6 year old, we couldn't have been more happy with our choice. The hotel is less than 1 year old, probably 3-6 months if I'm guessing right. The area nearby is just being developed but there are still restaurants and other things within a minute or two drive. The hotel is beautiful and the service was fantastic. They checked us in quickly, accommodated a request for a room closer to an elevator since we had tons of luggage, and were frequently asking if we needed anything. They provide in room wifi, a nice hot breakfast in the morning and a decent dinner Mon-Thurs. nights (this night it was chicken parm, salad, etc. and wine/beer), all complimentary. We would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bath/2 bedroom suite that had 1 king room and 1 room with 2 queen beds. This was our first experience at a Homewood Suites and from the first moment we stepped inside, my expectations were exceeded! The front desk staff was so incredibly friendly and helpful! I was traveling with my daugthers and mom. When it was time to move on to our next destination, my mom didn't want to leave! The room was immaculate, the beds were awesome--this is truly one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in!! I had one of the best nights of sleep! I can't say enough good things about Homewood! The breakfast was amazing! Everything was amazing!! Best place ever!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed at the Iowa Homewood Suites for 4 nights and we were very satisfied. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The full kitchen allowed us to save money on food!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Berwyn, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had been on a road trip for 8 days from LA. to Chicago...Grandma, daughter and 3 grandkids ages 6, 5 and 2. The 2 bedroom suite here was our very best motel arrangement of the whole trip...the 2 bedrooms separated by a kitchen, living area...each of the 3 rooms with it's own bathroom and tv..plus a bathtub in one bathroom and shower in the other. The kitchen area was fully equipped with a stove top, full size refrigerator and even a dishwasher. We were thrilled when we learned about the free dinner with wine and beer!(Mon-Thursdays.) The breakfast was first rate with real dishes, silverware, glasses, and plenty of tasty choices.
The staff was super nice, friendly and helpful...telling us how to get to a local park and then asking later if we found it ok. Also offered peanut butter/jelly for the kids and a tray when I looked burdened.
I highly recommend the Homewood Suites..It was the BEST!!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are ideal for traveling families. Lots of privacy and room to spread out.
Arden, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for 10 nights and left with no complaints. Staff is very friendly, hotel is very clean, and breakfast and dinners are pretty good considering it is included in the room price. If you are in the Iowa City area, this place should be on the top of your list. Once the River Landing becomes more developed, this area is going to be a hot spot.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the _03 rooms, they are next to the elevator shaft. I wouldn't let it be a deal br...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel is so new it's spotless and still has the "New Car Smell." The facility is excellent, the beds are very comfortable and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.
The hotel offers a pretty good breakfast buffet and a light supper,included with your room, but does not have a full restaurant.
Our room had a fairly complete kitchen, so I don't think anyone would starve.

Room Tip: As River Landing is completed, this is going to become an awesome place to visit.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed 1 night prior to a campus tour and loved this place. From the moment you walk in you will be impressed with the hotel. Very nice lobby and reception area. The kitchen/eating area for breakfast was large and offered enough seating to eat. The buffet breakfast served was very good and had fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, make it yourself waffles, plus a variety of yogurt, pastries, cereal, and breads. According to the menu in our room they also serve dinners in the lobby kitchen but not on Friday thru Sunday so we missed out on that since we arrived on a Sunday.

We were very impressed with our 2 queen bed suite. We had a kitchen with full fridge, dishwasher, microwave, sink, coffee pot and 2 burner electric stove. Plus it had all of the necessary plates, flatware, pots/pans, glasses, etc. If we were going to be there for several nights it would have come in very handy. The sitting area had a full size sleeper sofa and an armchair along with a large flat screen tv. My oldest son used the sofa sleeper and he said the mattress was comfortable. There is a fresh linen kit in the closet you use to make the bed. The bedroom was separate and had 2 queen beds, large flat screen tv and bathroom. It was a great space for 4 people to spread out and have room.

The beds/linens were fantastic. I normally have a hard time sleeping in a hotel but not here. The beds were great, sheets and blankets soft and clean. This place was so spotless I couldn't find a spec of dirt anywhere, and I tried. This is a new hotel and hopefully they can keep up the spotless image.

There is a workout room with some really nice equipment. Think there were at least 4 brand new treadmills, some free weights and a few other machines. Don't expect much where the pool is concerned. The indoor pool is very small, we kind of laughed when we saw it. If you need a good size pool to entertain kids you will be disappointed.

We were in room 205 and although the room itself was perfect, the view was horrible. That was the only downfall of our stay. Our view was literally of the large roof area of the hotel. When we looked out either of the 2 windows we looked right at the hotel air conditioners and duct work. We were on the same level as the equipment, not even slightly above where you could look over it. It was right there in full view. I've had some bad hotel views before but this was the worst. If we were going to stay for more than 1 night I would have requested a room change. I really wanted to change when we saw the view but my husband insisted it was no big deal. I was also worried about the noise from the air conditioning units but we didn't hear anything at night so that was good. They must have some great windows installed because those units were huge.

Overall perfect stay, minus the view. I would highly recommend staying here, just request a higher floor. If my son decides to go to Iowa this will be the place I stay when visiting.

Room Tip: request a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Holiday Inn Express Coralville
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville
Hampton Inn Iowa City / Coralville

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing? Share your experiences!