“Weekend Getaway - Highly Recommended”

Residence Inn Coralville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Des Moines, Iowa
“Weekend Getaway - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Coralville, Iowa as part of a weekend getaway. We loved it! The hotel property is located on the western edge of Coralville/Iowa City and has very easy access to Interstate 80, but sits far back enough to not have any road noise. The mall is literally across the street. The mall has a movie theater that has movies starting at 10:00am and on Saturdays, the cost was $5.00. Great movie times for a quick movie ahead of lunch. Also, the mall has an indoor ice skating rink, but we didn't do any skating (but would consider next time). Down the road (about 1/2 mile, a Hy-Vee grocery store).

The Marriott staff at this property - very accommodating (we had a late checkout) and provided excellent local restaurant and cab service recommendations. There's a Longhorn Steakhouse adjacent to the property (perfect for a late night cocktail and dessert). Our room (Room 411) was outstanding and had plenty of room for us. We had stayed at the Marriott in Iowa City previously.....we felt this Residence Inn was a better property for us (given the location to the mall and the free breakfast buffet in the mornings).

Cab fare to downtown Iowa City was $18.00 plus tip - would highly recommend Marco's Taxi. Green/yellow mini-vans. Clean and fast for the to/from trip to downtown Iowa City.

The pool area was good-sized, clean and the workout area had very new treadmills and elliptical machines along with plenty of dumbbell free weights.

For our weekend getaway, this was an outstanding visit and we'd highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write an extensive review of our staff and property! We are pleased that you did this for us. Also it is great that you pointed out so many things that are so close to our property. We all look forward to having you back on your next get away weekend. Hopefully you can escape the elements of the outdoors and have a quick Ice Skate session at the Coral Ridge Mall!

Again we thank you for your business and your time for your review!

Best Regards,
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed April 4, 2014

It's a very nice hotel and very clean. The rooms are really nice and the staff members were very nice and helpful. Shower had really good water pressure. It is in a good location and easily accessible. It was a wonderful stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly appreciate your business and the time that you took out of your day to stop by TripAdvisor.com!

Best Regards,
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We had family and friends stay here for our daughters wedding. The staff was absolutely amazing! Friendly, caring and helpful! I would recommend this place to everyone who comes to the area. I cannot say it enough how pleased we were! !!!!! Everyone worked with us to reserve blocks of rooms for our guests and our guests ALL loved the rooms and meals! Thank you from the Brown/Oberman wedding family

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We are so pleased that you have taken your time to review your special weekend. I can't tell you how incredibly happy i was to hear from you before you left our property. Our entire team has heard your review you left for them. This could not have come at a better time to reinforce all their hard work and dedication to guest satisfaction and the teams recent award from Marriott.

We all say thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you in the future.

Best regards,
The Award Winning Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I spent three nights at the residence inn recently and had a phenomenal experience. The staff was fantastic and Mr. Bowser, the Hotel Manager was astounding. Breakfast was good each day and surprisingly different each day as well. Not just the same biscuits and gravy everyday. The room was spotless and the guy running the desk at night was good enough to bring my girlfriend up a pillow at 3:00am. Stupendous service and my new go-to hotel each and every time I'm in Coralville!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your three nights with us. It is also a pleasure to see you took your time to review your stay with us. For that we thank you. We hope to see you many more times in the future.

Best regards
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been here for over a month now. The staff is awesome. Kathryn has been the most kind and helpful. They keep the place clean and will do anything you ask. Breakfast has many options and week night dinners are a plus. The rooms are large and have a home environment. Lots of business professionals stay here and which keeps it calm. The location is near anything you can think of. There is a train that goes by nightly. The beds are comfy. I feel safe at all times here alone. I would recommend my family and friends here any day.

Room Tip: 4th floor has no one above you making noise!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your current stay. We truly appreciate your business and the time you gave to get on trip advisor. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as well as Kathryn. I know they will be happy that you are happy. Like always, if you need anything just let us know.

Best regards,
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is just OK and in the winter the rooms can be cold. Ask for a room away from the train track. Overall the rooms are clean and it is an OK place to stay. If you are planning an extended stay and wish to get the best rate you might want to know this fact. I wanted to check out over the weekend and return two days later in order to return home. The manager informed me that if I did this I would be subject to a rate increase as in order to get the best rate you must stay 30 consecutive days. I explained that I had already been there over 30 days and would be coming right back but there is no wiggle in the policy. So..if you want to go home and still get a good rate you might want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the train tracks
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on trip advisor. Like you mentioned the best rate guarantee for extended stay is by staying 30 plus nights. There are added benefits to staying straight through. If you would like to contact me I will be available to talk about them. Unfortunately when one does check out and come back for less than 30 days the rates often do change depending on length of consecutive stay.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The company I work for prefers the Marriott brand and I have found the Residence Inn brand to be the most consistent of all the properties. From the amenities to the staff, even for a 1 night trip, I will choose this Brand. This one in Coralville is very nice and I believe has been open for a year. The staff at this location was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. They knew I had to roll out at 4:30 am and offered to set me up the night before with a quick breakfast. The hotel is about 20 minutes south of the Airport and is very easy to access. There are plenty of restaurant choices around. Inside the room, they seemed to have thought of everything, convenient plugs, good wireless, a showerhead that is tall enough for me (6'4) and really made me feel at home.

Room Tip: I am not sure if rooms number 16 are consistently by the elevators in this hotel, but mine was. The...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay while you were here. I will say that you are correct all 16's are located in the same place of the building. If your not a fan of elevators we can always make other accommodations for your next stay. I am glad that it did not make that big of a difference for you.Next time you are in town please stop and see us again. We all look forward to you coming back in the future. From all of us here at the Residence Inn Coralville, Thank You!

Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott