All reviews front desk train whistle full size fridge king studio fire pit rooms are large housekeeping staff railroad tracks night's sleep indoor pool restaurants and shopping downtown iowa city oatmeal great room a great stay easy access hot tub
Reviewed December 25, 2013

About 12 of my family members from all over spent 2 nights here in December 2013. The property was clean and attractive, very close to an Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steak House, and a mall with an ice skating rink. Very friendly employees, from the front desk to the (free breakfast and dinner) dining room to the maids in the hallways cleaning the rooms. The rooms are spacious and nice. The pool had steps at one end, which made an easy entrance for young children traveling with us. (Downside: tiled floor in the pool area was very slick, and led to several instances of the kids slipping and falling down. They should improve that area to make it less slippery when wet.) The hot tub was large and remarkably hot. Exercise room was well furnished, clean, and attractive.

Room tip: We chose mostly suites, which consist of 2 bedrooms-with-baths flanking a central kitchen and living room. Third and fourth floors were very quiet.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the service that you received! We are all happy to hear that your entire family enjoyed your stay while you were here. I believe I remember seeing your family eating breakfast at our community table. Thank you for spending the Holidays with us! we hope to see you and the family again next year!

Happy Holidays,
Coralville Residence Inn Staff

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I spent several nights beginning of November at this property while visiting U of Iowa with my daughter, who was accepted and wanted to visit before making a decision. This property was recommended on the U of Iowa visitor website and offers a discount to parents visiting the school, as long as there isn't a major football game at the time. I am a big fan of Residence Inn anyway, but this property appeared to be brand new. In fact, the kitchen in our suite looked like it was straight out of a high end luxury condo or home. Seriously, I want to redo my kitchen now. Be sure to enjoy it. The lobby and breakfast area are very cozy and not the typical boring table arrangements for standard breakfast rooms. It really was like grabbing breakfast and eating in one's own den. The property is conveniently located close to U of Iowa and we went back and forth several times a day,as it was a quick 6 or so minute drive. No traffic either. While we didn't have time to shop, it appears as if this is next to the major shopping mall as well as all stores one would need to pick up things for move in day into dorms. There are many chain restaurants within yards of the property, though we enjoyed walking around Iowa City and enjoying the many cafes and small restaurants in the town. The rooms were so beautiful and comfortable that it was hard to leave in the mornings. My only suggestion would be to plan ahead and be sure to get your reservations early. The secret is out and they fill up quickly. Parents visiting students, business people, athletes, you name it, so don't miss out on staying here for your visit to Iowa City. FYI, we flew into Cedar Rapids and from the time we landed and got our luggage and rental car, the total time we spent leaving the airport and driving to Residence Inn was less than 20 minutes. As a footnote, the front desk clerks were always smiling and helpful. This is going to be my home away from home whenever I visit my daughter at school. Enjoy!

Room tip: I had read other reviews suggesting staying in a room on hotel side away from railroad tracks to minimize train noise. I'm a train fan and enjoy the sound of the trains going by. It wasn't that frequent and didn't bother us. If that would be an issue, then you may want to request a room on the opposite side of the building, though I would assume that one could hear a train for miles anyway.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

ello!

I would like to thank you for taking your time out of your day to review your one night stay. I will make sure to share your comment with our staff in our daily huddle this morning. They will be pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and comments. I am also glad to hear that you will return in the future. If you could please reach out to me in the near future. I would like to talk to you more about your stay!
Feel free to reach me at Brian.Bowser@hawkeyehotels.com or 319-338-6000 ext. 704.

Have a great day and thank you again!

Brian Bowser

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Everything I'd expect of a new Residence Inn property.
This facility was absolutely amazing quality. It's neighbourhood is quiet (well, it's in a field because they are still developing the area). It's right beside a longhorn steakhouse, so you can walk to get a really nice dinner. They have a nightly reception of really good meals.

It's right beside a great mall (has a Best Buy, Target, Gap, all the regular nice mall stuff). It's also in very close proximity to a Costco as well as a strip mall of decent restaurants.

You're about mid-way between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City (so if you're working in Cedar Rapids, but wanna be able to go out in Iowa City, perfect mid-point).

I do travel every week for work (110+ nights a year) and would recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

Room tip: Depends on where the construction is happening. I stayed on the east facing side this last time and was having a Saturday morning sleep in and about 9am was awakened by dump trucks doing their things.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello!

Have a great day and thank you again!

Brian Bowser

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property is conveniently located off the interstate.
Near plenty of restaurants and shopping.
Large comfortable suites
Expansive breakfast and even some food and beverages at night,
Indoor pool is nice, as well as the fitness room
Would recommend property to anyone
Staff is really good, really nice and friendly too

Room tip: I always prefer the top floor down towards the end of the hall
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is lovely, newly done, beautiful interior. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The bed was great and the shower and bathroom awesome. HOWEVER...this hotel needs to talk to the conductors of the trains that plowed through my room at 4:15 AM. OK, it didn't really plow through my room, but it sure sounded like it. I question the use of the train whistle that blew for the entire length of Coralville.
I gave the location a terrible because of its location on top of the tracks. However, its location to the football games and Iowa City is excellent!

Date of stay: October 2013