“The best Residence Inn ever...”

Residence Inn Coralville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The best Residence Inn ever...”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved my stay here.

While working at the Mall across the street, i decided to stay here instead of my "usual".

This property is brand new, and beautiful. This is the nicest Residence Inn i have ever seen. I stopped staying at this brand a few years ago, as i thought they were rather dated. No more!

My room was wonderful. I would love to be in a room like that every time i travel.

THe bed was great, nice kitchen, huge TV....immaculate housekeeping.

THere was a decent gym (small) and an indoor pool. I didnt share in the breakfast or evening dinner offerings, but they are certainly there...and free! There was even a putting green outside.

Nice property!

I look forward to coming back!

J

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
JamesE,
I am not sure why my response was not posted last week but I will try again!
First I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team here at the Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott. Also, thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review of your stay. We are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to coming back, We are even more excited that we possibly may have you hooked on the newly updated brand of the Residence Inn by Marriott. I see you mentioned the putting green that we have here. I am hoping this will allow some of our guests to warm up before hitting the course in the future with some of the golf packages that we are currently working on with our partnered courses in the area.

Again, from all of us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott we thank you for your business and truly appreciate your review!

Brian Bowser
Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We normally stay at a different hotel in Coralville but this time that location was booked so we chose this hotel instead. It has been open only since July 2012. What a nice hotel! Room was very thoughtfully designed and nicely appointed. We were there two nights and really enjoyed the stay. Service at the front desk was outstanding. Only downside was the complimentary breakfast. The hotel was full and the breakfast area was very crowded. Not enough seating and food was not replenished adequately to keep up with the crowd. (Never did get my scrambled eggs). In spite of that minor issue this hotel will now move up to the top of our list for places to stay in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are all also very sorry that you never received any of your scrambled eggs. I will make sure that I get with the food service department and provide them with ideas to use that will be helpful on close to or full nights that may be able to help us avoid a situation like this in the future. As I mentioned in my reply below we do have a new breakfast person that is taking care of the department. We are working with her on some of the opportunities that have been presented to us so we can make sure that we move forward in the right direction while providing the great customer service that is needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us we truly appreciate review. We also look forward to seeing you in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Upon arrival, there was no one at the front desk, and there was a sign that they were helping a guest. Considering it was 4:30 PM it is surprising to find a hotel front desk unstaffed as that is a peak check-in time. Maybe they should schedule more than one employee at peak times.

Hotel is new and clean. Has a larger pool than most hotels that they keep heated to a comfortable temperature. Pool is supposed to open at 6AM but the door was locked at that time every morning and I had to hunt down a staff member to let me in every morning. I did also try the door a little after seven but it would not unlock at that time either.

Free breakfast every day and free dinner a few nights a week. Breakfast is eggs, meat, side, bagels, toast, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt. There was a waffle maker but I never saw anyone use it. Coffee, tea, water, milk, orange juice and apple juice were the drink options I saw.

Dinner isn't very exciting and most of our group went out to eat something more sustaining afterwards. I did see they offered beer also, not sure if there was also wine. But it was free.

The maids seem to be a little confused, one day I had no shampoo and conditioner left for me, and two days later had three lotions instead of any shampoo and conditioner. When I checked in I saw hair on the tub wall, and it was still there when I checked out so evidently they don't rinse the walls when they "clean" the tub.

Room had a kitchen area with a full size fridge, a stove, microwave and dishwasher. Work area had a long desk area with plenty of outlets. Although curtain was behind the desk and I had a hard time reaching over it to close them because I am short. Made me crazy that the maid always opened them because it was such a production for me to close them again. Couch in living area was VERY uncomfortable, but the last few Residence Inns I stayed at had that same uncomfortable couch so it is evidently a corporate implementation. The room was an L so there is no bedroom door, bothered me at night because the clock on the microwave kept me awake.

They seemed distressed that I wasn't satisfied, so I suspect changes will be made in the very near future to ensure others have a nicer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a bedroom instead of the L shape.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon,
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that it has taken a few days to get back to you,. We have taken a look at all the things that you mentioned in your review. I am pleased to inform you that we have the pool door fixed to where it will unlock and lock at the appropriate times. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. I can assure you that we are revamping a lot of our housekeeping efforts as we have recently hired a new head housekeeper that is working daily on improving our cleanliness standards with our housekeepers. Currently we do have some new housekeepers that are new and still learning the best practices for Marriott Standards. We also have a new person taking care of breakfast in the morning. She has been putting in a tremendous amount of effort to try and make sure that we are keeping things fully stocked throughout all hours of operation. Also I am currently training a New Assistant General Manager and together we will be working on reviving the evening social Menu options so we can provide a more diverse experience for our guests. Again thank you for leaving us a review. We will continue to work on the items that you mentioned to help improve our level of service that we all enjoy providing. We hope to see you in the future!

Thank you!

Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. This is a new hotel near the Coral Ridge Mall. Even though there isn't any restaurants right next door yet (one is being constructed), I think there will be soon. The mall and other options are very close by.
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to greet you and make sure everything with the stay was enjoyable.
The morning breakfast and evening reception is a nice touch, and is consistent with other Residence Inn stays I've had.
Great room - again, new, clean and relatively quiet. I have to admit, I was a bit surprised that you could hear as much as you could from the hallways and above you. The walls did seem a bit thin for being a newer property.
Would stay here again when I'm in town for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tptn8
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello!
I am very pleased to hear that the staff we have here stopped at nothing to make sure that you were taken care of. The evening meals run Monday-Thursday from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Maybe next time you will be able to experience more than one night of those meals. We are also looking forward to the new restaurant right next to us that will be opening mid May 2013! I know the Long Horn Steak House is working hard to open for graduation weekend here at the University of Iowa. Please stop and see me when you return,I may have some coupons for meals.

From the entire staff at the Coralville Residence Inn thank you for staying with us and leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor.com!

Coralville Residence Inn by Marriott
319-338-6000 Ext: 704
portsmouth,ia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited our daughter in Iowa City and found this property to be spacious and clean. The public areas are great for relaxing, though we visited on the weekend and missed the weekday Manager's reception. Rooms are well designed for a relaxing stay. Enjoyed the pool and complimentary breakfast that made a great start to the day.

If you have your golf clubs, take a few minutes to hit a couple of putts on the practice putting green adjacent to the outdoor firepit area. I will definitelystay here again and look forward to exploring Iowa City further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lawrence d
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and reflect on your stay! I am happy to hear that you left satisfied. I am also happy to inform you and some of the others that read this comment that we are working on partnering with some of the local golf courses in the Coralville area! We hope to be able to come to an agreement on a package deal for 18 holes of golf and one of our very accommodating suites! We truly value your business and welcome you back at any time! Again thank you for taking the time to post your review with tripadvisor.com. I will make sure to share your review with my entire staff as they have been working hard with all the changes that we are trying to make!

Thank you!
Ottumwa,Iowa
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved this hotel. The rooms were nice and clean. We also loved the space that the room had. The breakfast was good and the lobby was nice as well. We did not make reservations, instead we waited until we got into Coralville and called a few hotels in this area to check the rate. This hotel was the most inexpensive and by far the nicest out of the ones we had calle. This is located right across the street from almost everything in Coralville; the mall, Olive Garden, and many more.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brittanymc87
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello! I am very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us while you were in town! I will make sure that our staff is fully aware of your review of the great product that they are working so hard to provide! I agree with you that our location has a tremendous advantage in the Coralville area not to mention our Large Suites that are designed to meet all of your needs and make you feel at home. From all of us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Coralville THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS we were happy to have you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!!

Rock Island, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel was clean and had great amenities. The staff was competent, friendly and helpful. Bed was soooo comfortable and the room was quiet. The laundry facility, workout room and pool was a huge plus as I was there for a week. The complementary dinner with drinks was a nice touch after spending the day doing business! Loved it, will go again.

Room Tip: ours was on the ground floor, quiet and perfect
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RI_Coralville_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Coralville, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are pleased to hear that we offered what you needed. I am happy to also see that you will be returning to stay with us once again in the future! All of us here enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you again in the future! If you would like to set up future reservations with us please call us directly so we can make sure that once again you are well taken care of! I will make sure that I share your comments with our staff so they can see what kind of an impact they are having on everyones stay!

Thank you for your business!

Coralville Residence Inn