“Shocked at the bad review, our experience was great.”
Review of La Cava Restaurant - CLOSED

La Cava Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Wayland, Iowa
“Shocked at the bad review, our experience was great.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We were greeted warmly, the host brought us chips & salsa immediately. The food was hot & fresh & served in a timely manner. We had a very nice enjoyable dinner. We did arrive early, perhaps 5:30pm, so the restaurant was not crowded. We WILL go back!

• Visited November 2012

Iowa City, Iowa
“Horrible!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We ate at La Cava tonight and had the worst experience. We ordered and waited for at least 10 minutes for our pops (the manager had to bring them when she saw us sitting there with no drinks). I ordered the combo fajitas (chicken and steak) there was hardly any meat in them. The guac was brown, the rice and beans were crusty. My fiance ordered the grande burrito and it was SO salty that he couldn't eat it. We had to ask for refills. After being disgusted by my meal I stacked my plates at the edge of the table and waited at least 15 minutes for our waitress to stop texting and bring us our check. We will never go back to La Cava and I would never recommended it to anyone!! It's also very pricy. Totally not worth it.

• Visited October 2012