“great prices”

Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2017

The prices are great for the amount of food that you get! Visiting for the weekend and i will definitely make this a spot to come back to eat when in town.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I was there for lunch after the noon hour. I must have gotten a new waitress, very laid back and not too focused. I had time to observe the other staff who seemed very accomplished in customer service, professional and offered their guests polite greetings. So this was probably just one exception. She sat down to take the order and asked" do you know what you want? After I ordered, the food came a while later. The fries were not hot and seemed like they had been sitting a while. I had also ordered chili but did not get it before hand like the usual procedure in past visits. I had to ask for it and she got. Then I had to ask for crackers, which are usually delivered along with soup or chili My drink was also empty as she walked by and asked how things were. But I didn't get a chance to say I would like more to drink. In fact I never saw her again. The manager looked hurried and stressed. I gave him my bill and money he just said the price and handed me change. Never thanked me for being there. It hasn't been this way in the past and it just wasn't a great experience and I will probably not go back for some time. There are many restaurants in that area to choose from. I eat out a lot and customer service is very important to me.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Food is always good. Service tonight was excellent. Good value.
Only complaint was Heath shake was a bit skimpy on the pieces and not as thick as remembered.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Had Steak n Shake for the first time yesterday. I am not a fan of fast food, especially french fries so wasn't overly excited when my family picked out Steak n Shake to eat lunch at. Very clean & great customer service! And the food....oh my gosh! The family was dumbfounded watching me gobble up my french fries! Will definitely be making this our place to go for lunch whenever I can find one in the area I am traveling in!

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Excellent Steak n Shake! Sunday lunch people lining inside the door. The staff was very efficient managing customers in and out. Our food was served quickly and we were in and out in 35 minutes, perfect for us I80 travelers. Hamburgers, fries and shakes were very good.