“Best value in the Iowa City/Coralville area!”

Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Grundy Center, Iowa
“Best value in the Iowa City/Coralville area!”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Very friendly staff and warm cookies at the front desk! Rooms are spacious and comfortable, I have really enjoyed staying here in my buisness travels. Thanks to all the staff who repeatedly make me feel at home when I am away from home.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St. Louis
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Usually I have no problem with Super 8 and stay at them a lot. This stay wasn't terrible. The room was fine. Bed comfy. Room clean. Breakfast fine enough (good waffles).

We stayed for three nights, and by the second night, the whole hotel smelled of sewage and stayed that way the rest of our stay. I complained to the front desk, and the woman there basically told me to buzz off and let her read. I complained to the morning manager about the woman at the front desk the night before (and about the smell), and she was much nicer. Last day, it was incredibly slow to check out. Otherwise, hotel was fine. At least the breakfast area didn't smell.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville, responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Super 8 Motel in Iowa City, IA. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues have been addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Iowa
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Let's start with the good. The front desk people are nice. Our room was really gross. We didn't even take our shoes off except to jump into bed, the floor was sooo gross. There was all kinds of hair and grime on the bathroom floor, and the carpet in the rest of the room did not look like it had been vaccumed in a while. The bathtub had hair in it, and the toilet hadn't been flushed :(GROSS! There was a rack for towels, but only 2 towels in it. Our bed had hair on it, and pillowcases looked used, so I just took everything off of it and asked for a couple of blankets at the front desk. One to lay on the bed, and one to cover up with. The tables were dusty and the windowsill was nasty. 3 spiderwebs, very dusty, and 6 BUGS!!!! Breakfast was so so. Waffle maker, (yummy!) tiny blueberry muffins, 2 kinds of cold cereal, and white or wheat toast. The floor in the breakfast area was ripped out, and there was a sign saying they were awaiting replacement floor. I sure hope my bad experience was an isolated one, and I really hope the maids get it together and do their job. I'm usually very easy to please, but this time it was just too much yucky yuck for me.

• Liked — The Front Desk Staff
  • Disliked — It was a dirty, nasty mess!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank KatherineNoel
bethbishop, Manager at Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville, responded to this review, July 22, 2009
I would like to first thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it helps us better our services for the next guest. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused you during your stay at our Super 8. I realize how frustrating it must be to stay in a dirty motel room that falls below both yours and our standards. I have discussed these concerns with our housekeeping department and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved cleanliness. Thank you again for your feedback and we would love the opportunity to visit with you.
arkansas
Reviewed April 14, 2007

We stayed at this motel for 3 nights. It was everything that it said it would be. We were looking for something with a good price, and this motel was great for the money that we paid. If I come back to Coralville, this is where I'd stay.
Great room for the money!

Stayed March 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Travelodge Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
#5 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville? Share your experiences!