“Nice friendly hotel”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Tama, Iowa
“Nice friendly hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband was having surgery at University of Iowa Hospital. This hotel had extremely reasonable rates for families of patients. They have a free shuttle twice an hour so I did not have to navigate big city traffic and parking! They have a free breakfast and a small free supper. I was tired, cold and hungry after a day spent at the hospital and was surprised with hot soup and fresh cookies when I got off the van. Staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and while not luxurious were just what we were looking for! Thanks .

Stayed October 2013
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Ms. Sheridan,
Thank you so much for your positive review!! We always make a huge effort to accommodate our hospital guests. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our soup and fresh baked cookies. Sometimes, it is just the little things in life that make us feel the best!! The Heartland Inn staff and myself wish your husband a speedy recovery. Hopefully, you will travel our way again soon...but for something a little more enjoyable. Thank you once again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kansas City
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed on business. Had a double bed room. Not spacious, but a good value and cheaper than Sheraton on campus. Breakfast was ok, but I preferred to enjoy other local cafes. Trail right across the street.I brought my bike and cycled to University.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ankeny, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

All I can say is the the staff was freindly , the rooms were very clean and smelt sanitized. So if your a Diva or someone who likes to be waited on hand and foot you're in luck, all you have to do is drive 200 miles to the east and spend $400 more a night,Its called Chicago. I stayed here for almost 2 weeks so my review should be at the top of the list. ! . P.S the corporate goons should give the manager a big bonus cause I' ve never seen a person work so well with the staff in my life! And customers!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and bright, the bathroom had great freebees...loved it. Thank you for having hot coffee at all hours and good cookies. Thank you for having the "right" price for me as I am on a budget. Thank you to having nice clean rooms. I will always stay the Heartland when coming to U of I Hospital.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
By the lake in Indiana
Reviewed October 6, 2013

It has been years since we stayed at a Heartland Inn, just because they are not always in the area we are traveling. Hotel staff was great! I asked for an AARP rate and the lady offered us an even BETTER rate as they were slow that evening. They provided cookies and sandwiches the night we stayed and the next night they offered burgers, brats and hot dogs, I believe, for their free dinner, although we had to check out. Nice breakfast, clean, comfy room, fireplace in lobby, convenient location and would definitely stay here again. Ample parking room as we had a truck and 14 ft trailer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Anitquelover2,

Thank you so much for your recent review!!! It is just prefect that you arrived on Wednesday and could enjoy our complimentary grill out!!! Every Wednesday we have a free dinner....we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it!!! I will pass your compliments along to our housekeeping staff as well, they really appreciate the feedback about their clean rooms!!! At Heartland Inn, we truly strive to provide the best in customer service and we are very happy when our guests notice and take the time to review us!! We hope that your travels will bring you our way again!! Debbie Bullion
Altamont, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was very clean with helpful, friendly staff. We arrived just before the cookout began, so we were in plenty of time for our complimentary evening meal of hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, baked beans, fruit salad. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Parking is plentiful. We were in a pickup truck pulling a 16 ft. trailer behind, but we did find a parking spot that worked quite well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Aug 20, 2013. Dropped our son off for college. It was a nice place to stay. Very close to the University - maybe 10 blocks away from campus. The hotel was a good deal for the cost. Bathroom was very clean and the hotel room a/c was running very cold. Had 2 double beds and everything about them was fine. Could have used extra pillows, though. Breakfast was simple but good with cereal, bagels, and other assorted items. The hotel staff were wonderful and very quick with the check in process. We did not have time to use the pool or fitness area. I recommend this hotel to families on a budget but are still looking for a nice place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Todd52889
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Holiday Inn Express Coralville

Been to Heartland Inn - Coralville? Share your experiences!