“Best Service !!”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
Clinton, Iowa
“Best Service !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

From the time I called in for reservations with Eric, and I checked in..everyone gave the BEST customer service. We were welcomed with smiles and I hope your drive was okay, to a wonderful Wednesday Night BBQ of Hot Dogs, Brats and Burgers on the grill. One of the wonderfull ladies printed of the TV schedual for my girls, and another Lady Told me how to Contact the Vital Records department.EVERYONE I came into contact with gave some of the best customer service I have ever seen. Working in Customer Service myself, I noticed how they all went out of there way to make my stay better. As Visiting the Hospital is not stressful enough, having not to worry about my stay was a HUGE relief..Definatly will stay again and recommened to all who go to Iowa City to stay here....

Thanks Heartland Inn.. SallyWohlstadter and Girls...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Westside, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for my cousins wedding, and opted for the Jacuzzi suite since it was only a bit more than the standard room. WONDERFUL full sized Jacuzzi! The bedding however was less wonderful. Flat pillows and our blanket had a whole in it. Contental breakfast was wonderful.. They even had an attendant making fresh pancakes and waffles. They also served soup in the lobby which I thought was a nice touch! If we go to Iowa City again we'd probably stay here

Room Tip: Go for the jacuzzi! It was worth it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Ashley,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed the whirlpool suite!! The suites are definitely the way to go!! I do apologize for the bedding issues. We are anxious to correct any problems you might encounter during your stay, should you travel our way again, please just let one of our Guest Services Representatives know and the problem will be addressed immediately. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the fresh pancakes and waffles.....I agree, they are yummy!! We hope to see you again in the near future!!
Thank You!!
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I crashed here because it was halfway home during a long road trip and we didn't want to push through. We found it on hotwire.com and it was rated 2.5 stars. It's probably more of a 1.5 star. It's not dirty or anything like that, just pretty old and run down. They do serve breakfast in the AM and the staff was friendly enough. But the walls were paper thin - you could hear every noise above, below, and to the sides. Traffic noise from the street was very loud. When the heater and A/C kick on it's extremely loud. We wore ear plugs to get through the night. TV choices were OK. The bed was comfortable enough and the pillows were OK. The door on our bathroom wouldn't shut (didn't fit the door way, swollen, etc). But the bathroom was clean and had clearly been redone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Debbie B, Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I do apologize for the noise. We would have welcomed the oppportunity to quiet the neighboring rooms down or move you to the riverside of the hotel ( no traffic there). Our hotel is large enough and has a variety of room types, so finding you a very quiet room with a very quiet heater/AC would be no problem. We are aware of the need to update and actually have started the updating process as you observed in the bathroom. We are currently replacing all of the furniture as well. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our hotel, we do appreciate it!! Again, thank you for your feedback!!

Cross Plains, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family and I recently needed a hotel to stay at near University Hospitals while my mom underwent cancer treatment. I tend to be a "hotel snob" and avoid lower price point hotels when I travel, but was really quite pleased with this gem in Coralville. I will start by saying the rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are adequately comfortable. The showers are awesome with plenty of hot water and pressure. The breakfast is typical in the mornings with the added touch of blueberry waffles and pancakes and not just plain. They also have an evening snack.

The most impressive part of this hotel is the staff. If you need something, they are not hamstrung by a clock. We left before the breakfast started and they offered to make it. We were offered shuttle service outside of the posted schedule. Every need we had they found a way to help meet. You will not find customer service superior to this hotel anywhere. As I said, I'm a hotel snob, but if I am back in Iowa City, I will intentionally stay here again. Thank you for EVERYTHING you did to make things easier for my family and I!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Debbie B, Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Bradley P.,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. Since we are the closest hotel in our area to the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, we are very aware of the special needs of our guests and their families. We have a thoughtful and caring staff that is keenly aware of what may be a very trying time for our guests. We are so happy that you noticed our extra touches!!
Hopefully, your travels will bring you our way again, only under better circumstances next time. We are planning more updates in addtion to the ones that we have made already, we are expecting all new furniture in April!!
Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback!!!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is what we expected. The advantage is that it is walking distance to Carver-Hawkeye and right across the street from the baseball/softball complex. We did take the hotel shuttle (free) to the arena and walked back. Would stay again due to location.

Stayed January 2013
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. We appreciate all feedback. I am glad that we were able to provide an economical option for you. You are correct in your comments about our location...can't beat it!! I am glad that we were able to offer you the convenience of dropping you by Carver Hawkeye Arena. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in our area !!
Spencer, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stay here several times a year on our trips to the hospital in Iowa City.al They always remember us.
We like the breakfasts and soup/sandwiches in the evening.
It's always clean and the rates are great!
You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for the hospital rate if you are going to the University hospital.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review!! We really appreciate the positive comments. We strive to make our hospital guests comfortable. We are glad that you like our extra touches, such as the soup and cookies served nightly. Thank you for noticing our cleanliness, we have a top notch housekeeping department. I will pass your comments along to the housekeeping department. Thank you again and we will see you soon!!
Scottsdale, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Someone here is trying to make this property as nice as they can and I'm willing to give them an A for effort. When we arrived in the evening the hotel was serving hot dogs and warm cookies. We had already eaten and I don't know if I would have chosen to have this as a meal, but it was very welcoming and there were lots of people enjoying the food.

The front desk check-in was very efficient and the desk clerk was pleasant.

Our room had a king bed with a too soft, sagging mattress, an inexpensive, but new bed spread, inexpensive bed linens and cheap headboard attached to the wall with matching, well used nightstands. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels. There was decor on the wall which was hung too high. The lighting was very inadequate with low wattage bulbs which were not energy efficient.

There was no closet, but at one end of the room there was a wire shelf with a hanging bar. This would have worked okay, but an oversized recliner was placed in front of this area making it difficult to reach the shelf and the hanging bar.

The bathroom sink area was chipped, but the counter had been extended over the top of the toilet making for lots of room in the sink area.

The desk was old with lots of dings in the wooden edges. The wireless connection worked well.

Breakfast was good with a grill chef making pancakes and waffles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Holiday Inn Express Coralville

Been to Heartland Inn - Coralville? Share your experiences!