Heartland Inn - Coralville
ComfortSuites
Residence Inn Coralville(Coralville)
$124
$69
All reviewsold chicagoiowa cityva hospitalbasketball gamehospital shuttlebagelswould stay againup to dateroom was largehot tubthe breakfast areaarenawigratespenmotelwedding
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stay here several times a year on our trips to the hospital in Iowa City.al They always remember us.
We like the breakfasts and soup/sandwiches in the evening.
It's always clean and the rates are great!
You can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for the hospital rate if you are going to the University hospital.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review!! We really appreciate the positive comments. We strive to make our hospital guests comfortable. We are glad that you like our extra touches, such as the soup and cookies served nightly. Thank you for noticing our cleanliness, we have a top notch housekeeping department. I will pass your comments along to the housekeeping department. Thank you again and we will see you soon!!
Debbie Bullion

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Someone here is trying to make this property as nice as they can and I'm willing to give them an A for effort. When we arrived in the evening the hotel was serving hot dogs and warm cookies. We had already eaten and I don't know if I would have chosen to have this as a meal, but it was very welcoming and there were lots of people enjoying the food.

The front desk check-in was very efficient and the desk clerk was pleasant.

Our room had a king bed with a too soft, sagging mattress, an inexpensive, but new bed spread, inexpensive bed linens and cheap headboard attached to the wall with matching, well used nightstands. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels. There was decor on the wall which was hung too high. The lighting was very inadequate with low wattage bulbs which were not energy efficient.

There was no closet, but at one end of the room there was a wire shelf with a hanging bar. This would have worked okay, but an oversized recliner was placed in front of this area making it difficult to reach the shelf and the hanging bar.

The bathroom sink area was chipped, but the counter had been extended over the top of the toilet making for lots of room in the sink area.

The desk was old with lots of dings in the wooden edges. The wireless connection worked well.

Breakfast was good with a grill chef making pancakes and waffles.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice so far this month. Great value for the price. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfortable. When I checked in yesterday evening they had a free BBQ for guests. There's also a nice breakfast in the morning that includes waffles and pancakes. Thi hotel is close to University Hospital and even has a shuttle. If I need to stay in this area again this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DustyLG
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good rooms, close to restaurants. Although in Coralville, its adjacent to Iowa City, the campus, the medical center, football field, etc.
The rooms are well maintained and the price is good. The service at the front desk is friendly and supportive. When I needed help printing and the common use printers were not working right, they invited me back to their office and allowed me to print what I wanted.
The daily breakfast is well orchestrated, with a cook making the pancakes, etc. They can handle a crowd very well. There is an outdoor seating area.
There is a train line that runs along the back of the hotel, but was not used while I was there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back by the train line. The trains rarely run and its quiet. The front of the hotel which is the parking lot, is shared with a number of businesses in the area so there can be some traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Pretty much a typical hotel. Our room was fairly large with an unusual layout. The king bed was long overdue to be replaced. Everyone on the bed ended up in the geographical center. (very saggy mattress) The staff was very friendly and helpful. In all fairness the room was priced appropriately. Breakfast was better than average.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple