“Warm hospitality”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Coralville
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Warm hospitality”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Normally, while on business in Iowa City, I stay in a different hotel. However, this time, my reservations had been made by someone else. I was unsure of the new arrangement but was nicely surprised after the 3 nights. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I was also surprised with a hot tub, though the situation of the tub in the room was a bit odd. The full breakfast was surprising and welcom.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is an ok hotel if you need to stay for a short visit e.g. to go to IOWA Univ. Nothing exceptional, but good for the price. Not many good restaurants around. Very friendly staff and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, IA
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I have been to this Heartland Inn on two different occasions now, and I'm happy to say that we'd gladly come back in a heartbeat. We booked rooms here for guests for our wedding back in April, and their service was just fantastic. The staff has always been very personable and accommodating. In fact, the last night I stayed, I got a call from the desk just asking if the room was working out for us. The rooms were clean and cozy on both occasions. I couldn't ask for better...you won't regret your stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel locks up a bunch of drunk drivers for the weekend for reprogramming. Hopefully you won't be mistaken for one of them when you are trying to have a good time minding your own business with drink in hand as you go to a friend's room. If you do, Paul Blart will make sure you know he is in charge. Also, there were bugs crawling around on the night stand and someone left their shoes under the bed. Too bad they were ugly and not my size.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank uialum
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Must have been an old travel lodge that was run down and unloaded. It has a new coat of paint and that is the best thing I can say. My room and the room of my friend were the same. The mattresses were wore out--hard for me to find a spot where a spring did not poke me. The mattresses were nasty and covered with a sheet so thin you could read a newspaper through it--really. There is no closet. The walls are so thin you can here conversations on the other side. The hotel was very noisy because it was filled with kids there for all types of sporting events. Ask the lady about it at the front desk the next morning-- normal for the summer months. Every time a kid open/closed a door it rattled my walls--not fun at 1:30 in the morning when I had a 14 hour day of work the next day. A breakfast was provided but it was disgusting--tons of rude kids barging in front of you, sticking their hands on everything, coughing over food. The hallways are not cooled and the insulation is so thin in the rooms that the window air conditioners have a hard time keeping up.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Debbie B, Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Rory,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that we were able to connect by phone so I could discuss your stay with you personally. As I told you, we are so very sorry about the problems you encountered during your stay. We are in the middle of a renovation and a few rooms are not yet completed. The Heartland Inn has always been a Heartland Inn and we hope to always maintain our own independent identity. We are a busy hotel in the summer and thoroughly enjoy hosting a broad cross section of guests. Typically, we get quite the oppposite comment about noise , with guests stating how very unsually quiet we are. However, obviously, there are always exceptions to anything typical! I am so very sorry that you were not able to enjoy our ample breakfast ... ....kids are usually pretty eager to devour food, especially at a certain age!! Again, thank you for the feedback, we truly appreciate it!!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My room was extremely clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. My room had a new, big, flat screen,the shower had great pressure and there was plenty of room. That is all I ask for!However, if you want 'new', this isn't the place. The decor is a tad '80's. I have no issue with the floral maroon bed spreads. If you look at the pictures on line, that is exactly what you get. No surprises.If you want comfort at a great price, this is the place. And they have free breakfast which was great. The staff was very nice but then again I think everyone is nice in Iowa. For the two nights I stayed, there wasn't one person standing outside smoking so I think Mike P may have just been there on a night that hosted a people for an event. That could have happenned at the Four Seasons so don't hold that against The Heartland. This is a family friendly hotel which was evident with all the families having breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Debbie B, General Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Shannon,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with Heartland Inn. We appreciate the compliments!! I am glad that you noticed the cleanliness of your room. We have an excellent team in our housekeeping department and they strive to insure that every guest has a great experience with us. You are right, we are a tad '80-ish, but the really good news is that we are doing extensive remodeling this year. So, the next time you are a guest at Heartland Inn, we will have had a face-lift!!!
I will pass your great comments along to all of the staff here at Heartland Inn!!
Thank you again for being our guest!!
Coralville, Iowa
Eagle Grove
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We chose Heartland Inn - Coralville after reading the reviews. The biggest perk for us was the proximity to UIHC and the shuttle service to UIHC. That was our reason for being in the area and that was HUGE for us. We were VERY happy with everything. The Room was so nice and breakfast was really good. This will definitely be our choice if we need to come again. What a GEM!! It's close to anything you might need and we were THRILLED with the choice. We would recommend booking directly with the hotel. They can save you money. (The only negative thing I can say is that the shower curtain needs to have magnets on the bottom so it sticks to the tub and not to you!! )

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Debbie B, Manager at Heartland Inn - Coralville, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Ann,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Many of our guests, just like you, are here for appointments at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics. We make every effort to insure that all of our guests receive great customer service and a very, very clean room. I am so glad that you were able to use our free hospital shuttle service. We feel that the shuttle service with it's expanded times is a real plus for our hospital guests. Ann, again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit with us!!

Heartland Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coralville
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
#13 of 20 in Coralville
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to Heartland Inn - Coralville? Share your experiences!