“A good value”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Kellerton, Iowa
“A good value”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

When reading reviews for hotels to stay at for our trip I quickly realized that peoples negative experiences tend to get overblown and over represented versus positive reviews. So if you're considering staying here, let me give what I feel is a fair review of this Americinn.

The service was excellent. The people running the check-in desk were genuinely very friendly and helpful. I booked our first night online and it was super easy to check in and get to our room. When we unexpectedly had to stay an extra day, checking in all over again was just as easy. Our request for an extra set of towels was no problem and when we had a key card that didn't work getting a replacement was a snap.

Some have complained about cleanliness, but I found the rooms were adequately clean. Some minor things here and there could have been cleaned better, but it was very good overall. Realistically, if you want to stay in a pristine room where oompa loompas scrub every nook and corner with a bleach coated toothbrush, then be prepared to spend at least twice as much for a room somewhere else.

The location served our purposes as it was relatively close to the hospital for our appointment. Right across the street is a Walgreens, which is handy if you forgot to pack certain items. There is also a mall about a half mile to the south with a really nice movie theater. There are also several options for dining around the area.

Refrigerators and microwaves come standard in the rooms. There is a pool that we didn't have time to use, but looked inviting. All things considered, this hotel is a nice value for your dollar if you are travelling on a budget. There are plenty of other hotels to stay at in the area, but my mostly positive experience here will likely bring me back next time I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
coralville_ia, General Manager at AmericInn Coralville, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay at The AmericInn of Coralville, IA. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests with the best customer service and ensuring that you have the best experience possible! They will be delighted to hear about your words of praise. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Iowa City/Coralville area.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Coralville
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stay was not the best but could of been worse. They charged me the wrong amount not only once but twice. I'm still waiting for them to rectify it. They over charged me $30. Room was not the cleanest. Sheets had numerous stains in both beds. If they would have charged me the correct amount I wouldn't have been so dissatisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, and would like to ensure you that we are doing everything possible to make sure this does not happen again. We take the time to listen to your comments so we can continuously improve our services.

Blooming Prairie
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I booked online with AmericInn.com with the advance purchase rate which totaled $71 and for a week kept getting emails from AmercInn Coralville saying my cost was $89. When I called, the reception changed it without problems. Then I still continued to get emails saying it was updated to the $89. When I arrived they still attempted to charge me the $89, until I mentioned yet again about the online price that I had a confirmation for. The receptionist charged me the correct amount, but I am not understanding why there is so much trouble to keep this straight and I felt like if I hadn't mentioned it I would have been overcharged.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We apologize for the inconveniences your experienced during your stay. On behalf of the staff here at the AmericInn of Coralville, IA, we would like you to know that we will do everything we can to make sure billing issues of this sort do not happen again in the future. We take the time to listen to your comments so we can continuously improve our services.

Wyanet
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Room was nasty-sheets looked like balled up in corner somewhere-whirlpool was gross as was mirrors around it-bathtub also scummy-microwave had not been cleaned in a LONG time-greasy fingerprints on outside and food splatter inside-ceiling fan had balloon string for a cord!-vanity almost falling off wall and the towel holder in bath was half off wall-spiderwebs on walls/sprinklers. Just NOT a nice hotel let alone to the standards of an AmericInn our usual choice for a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Nicklaus B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2014

When we come to Coralville, we stay at the AmericInn. It is in a very convenient location. Close to Family, as well as restaurants, and the shopping center. It was a very pleasant stay, very friendly staff, and for breakfast, we had such a nice variety to chose from. Nice clean room. I would recommend this Hotel/motel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

coralville_ia, Manager at AmericInn Coralville, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel, as well as our staff. The staff is always thrilled to hear such great compliments from our guests. We look forward to your next stay.

Elk Run Heights
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is an awesome place to stay! It is close to restaurants and had a very friendly staff. I only stay here when I am in the Iowa City area. I don't even look at rates anywhere else because I know and trust this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

I am so happy to hear how much you enjoy our hotel here at the AmericInn of Coralville, IA. Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests have the best experience possible and they will be delighted to read your kind works! We look forward to seeing you again when your traveling brings you back the Coralville area.

Bloomington
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a long day's drive behind us so were really pleased with the large, accomodating room at the AmericInn. We had a king bed with crispy clean sheets, micorwave, 'frig, coffee table and a couple chairs to have our snacks. The bathroom was clean and everything worked as it should.
Breakfast was typical with plenty of fresh fruit offered.
The lobby was large and friendly with a welcoming fireplace to relax and enjoy. It was specially accomodating withe record breaking cold forecast for the coming days.
We'd stay at AmericInn's again if they're as nice as this one.

Room Tip: The king room was spacious with no problem of noise at any time. We were on the first floor.