“Poor Service/Would not reccomend”

AmericInn Coralville
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Coralville
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Front office clerk had to take a smoke break before checking into an already occupied room. My husband walked in on a couple getting ready for bed! So- we were given a different room that was dusty, had mold in the coffee maker, and the beds looked as if they had been slept in. Bathroom had rings in the toilet, No towels. Breakfast was not one time- 45 minutes late-Counter were dirty- food was left over from the day before. Extremely dissatisfied with cleanliness, and customer service. Beds were comfortable(we had to switch rooms 2 times before we had a clean one.) Halls were dusty. It looks as if the management staff needs to be overhauled. Being "nice" does not make someone a good manager. Don't stay here. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
coralville_ia, Manager at AmericInn Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel--we very much appreciate your feedback so we can continue striving to provide the best possible experience for our guests.

I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during check in as well as throughout your stay. Please know that your feedback has been heard and the cleanliness and breakfast issues you encountered will be used in additional training for our staff as we take each of these issues seriously. Your experience of entering a room that is already occupied is an unacceptable mistake and has been addressed to ensure guest safety and privacy in the future.

If you would like to discuss these issues further, please contact me directly. I would like to make this right and earn back your recommendation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at our hotel and giving us the opportunity to make it right.

Nicole Heincy
AmericInn of Coralville, IA.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in 2 rooms that were adjoining. It was a 1/2 way meeting point between Kansas City, MO and Oshkosh, WI. The hotel is a great value for what you get. The rooms are pretty standard and show some wear and tear on them but you're not paying for The Ritz. The hot breakfast consisted of waffles & biscuits and gravy or waffles & eggs & sausage. The rest of the breakfast was continental type but very sufficient for free. But the staff.......they were on a different level all together!! They were very welcoming and personable. I can't stay enough good about them. On our 2nd day it was if we had been there forever and were old friends. Asking how we were and if we needed anything, always smiling and super helpful in any questions we had. If you are looking for a deal and a great crew at a simple hotel this is your place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Packerwako-1024
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I agree with previous reviewers that the price of this hotel is reasonable. However, the rooms need a better cleaning job. We found an M&M on the floor by one of the beds, and one of the bedspreads had a stain of some kind. The breakfast offering was the usual for Americinn - you can make waffles, have cereal, toast or yogurt with milk, coffee or juice. They did a nice job of maintaining the breakfast area. We didn't use the pool during our one night stay, so I can't comment on that. The location is very good if you want to shop - close to Kohls, TJ Maxx, and Coral Ridge mall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trips_with_SC
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great value, BUT, as a mother and teacher, I was outraged by the TV. We were simply surfiing to see what was on the TV, and were shocked to come on a lady stripping on the station. I found it was HPO, channel 16. I felt this is a wonderful "family friendly" motel that we use frequently and trust. I want my husband, children and grandchild not to have this type of image in their mind. This station should have to be accessed by request. I appreciated the comfortable bed,great price, delicious breakfast, and plently of shopping nearby. I would like to give a #5 rating, but.this frustrated me greatly.

Management, please do something about this!! Thank you. Your desk clerk was kind and listened to me and suggested I could do a review.I appreciated this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank corliss m
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Room was clean but showing wear. Large stain on chair and bed was missing the bottom sheet and mattress pad was in tatters..but it was fairly comfortable and quiet and the price was about as reasonable as anything I've seen anywhere. Staff apologized for the bedding problems. Have stayed here before and didn't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Andy M
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A good place to stay for a road trip through the area. The hotel is situated off the free way but not right next to it. Comfortable atmosphere and room. It seems to be a favorite for families. There are some restaurants (fast-food) within in walking distance but more only a short drive away. There's also a big Costco nearby to gas up and resupply for a road trip.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms above the lobby are large rooms for family stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 48Traveling
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently we stayed at this location on a weekend night on our way home from a trip to Iowa. Nice stop for an overnight stay. The hotel was in a good location, very close it Iowa State, Coralville Mall, and plenty of restaurants and shops. The hotel was clean, the bed was comfortable and for the price we paid, was an excellent stop. This hotel is located right off of I-80, at an exit that is easy on - easy off. A couple of tips for staying here: If you are traveling alone, I would recommend asking for a room near the front desk or in the center of the building. The far end of the hotel has a door, it didn't lock so anyone could come in, I would also ask for a room facing the parking lot. Breakfast is served in the morning, it was ok, not great but was fine for what we were looking for. The front desk is very accomodating, and greeted us warmly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends