Mainstay Suites(Coralville)(Great Value!)
$71
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$115
$107
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$70
$94
$75
$72
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

$116
Homewood
$117
$85
$55
All reviewsolive gardencoral ridge mallice skating rinkfree beer or wineiowa citytues thurspancake machinenice breakfastwithin walking distancelocation is greatthe breakfast arearoom was very clean and comfortablevery nice stayfridge and microwavenice poolfree breakfastrestaurants and shopping
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed recently to visit the Hoover Presidential Library and Birthplace. It was a short easy drive to that. (15 min) The room was a little worn but very clean and comfortable. It includes a fridge and microwave which was nice. The beds were very comfortable. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and welcoming. The location is great. There is a train track very close to the hotel but it didn't bother us. They had fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. And an appetizer, beer and wine event for guests on some days in the afternoon.The breakfast had many choices and was stocked and fresh. The food was not amazing but good. Being a Priority Club member we received a gift bag upon check in and that was a welcomed surprise. It included a bottle of water and a few snacks. There are a ton of dining options within a mile and many within walking distance such as Olive Garden and Outback. It is right behind the Coral Ridge Mall. The mall has an indoor skating rink, carousel, childrens museum, movie theater, food court and many stores such as Younkers, Dillards and Penneys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rdtripmn
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our staff will be so pleased to read your comments. I have to agree with you that our guest rooms were getting a little worn, however, we are just completing a 1.2 million dollar renovation and the rooms are looking brand new these days. We have installed all new furnishings, capret, artwork, and we are about finished with painting the guestrooms. We look forward to you seeing all the progress we have made since your last stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you agin soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We wanted to get away for a weekend of shopping so we decided to book the Holiday Inn Express in Coralville, Iowa, Exit 220 right off Interstate 80. The motel was located behind the Coral Ridge Mall. We arrived an hour ahead of check-in time, but they had a room ready and let us check-in early. This was a perfect location to enjoy the mall, which featured Dillards, Sears, Yonkers and Target as anchor stores. There is a full-sized merry-go-round for the kids inside the mall, along with a large ice skating rink and a movie theatre complex. Twenty miles west on I80 is the Tanger Outlet Mall.

The strong point of this motel was that the staff members were very accommodating. They certainly believe in serving their customers. I give them an A+. Besides allowing the early check-in time, we had a situation where one of the other guests was talking very loudly late into the night and he was keeping us awake. Finally at 2 a.m. I called the front desk and within a couple of minutes the the man was quiet. We really appreciated the clerk taking care of that situation as soon as she was notified there was a problem. We were also given a 15% discount when we checked out the next morning. Customer satisfaction is a high priority at this HIE.

The motel itself was your typical Holiday Inn Express. Our room was sparkling clean and was very spacious. We do prefer a little firmer mattress, but the one we had was okay. There was also a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The elevator was a little slow in accommodating the five floors. And only one of the ice machines was working. The hot breakfast included sausage, biscuits, waffles, muffins, juice, coffee, toast, cereal, two kinds of eggs plus many other items. Sunday morning a train came through at 7:15 a.m. For some this could be a problem, but for us we were up by that time so it didn't bother us in the least.

Restaurants that were close by included Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Chili's and a steakhouse across the street. A Bennigan's and Panera were located in the mall.

Room Tip: The back side of the motel gets you away from the road traffic, but is more susceptible to the train noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Libra49
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. My staff was so pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on excellent service and it is very encouraging to recieve such a positive review.
I am glad that my overnight desk attendant was able to take care of your noisey neighbor. I hope he did not disturb your sleep too much. I can tell you that since your stay we have serviced all of our ice machines and they are now all in working order.
Thank you again, and we look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night recently. It was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast didn't start until 6:30 on Saturday mornings and 6 on weekdays. We had to leave early on a Saturday morning and did not get to enjoy a breakfast. Not sure why it starts a half hour later on a weekend. Also, the elevator was extremely slow. It also makes a very loud screeching noise that does not make a person feel very safe! The pool was nice though and it was nice there was a fridge and microwave in the room. Very nice location next to the mall and restaurants. Staff was friendly also.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I was so pleased to hear how satisfied you were with your recent stay. I would like to assure you that since your stay, we have had our elevator serviced and the "squeaking" issue has been resolved and we have assured that the elevator is in perfect working condition.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I usually stay here on my business trips to Iowa City. It is a little nicer than your standard Holiday Inn Express. Very clean and updated. The rooms are spacious- and beds are comfortable. They have nice guest reception Tues- Wed & Thursday 5-7pm with free wine, beer and snacks. Breakfast is your standard for HDI. Within walking distance to restaurants and shopping mall. Seems to be in a nicer area of town. Staff and service is good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main goal in the hospitality industry is 100% guest satisfaction and it is wonderful to recieve such high praises from our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you to Iowa City/Coralville.
Assitant General Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed 1 night at this property while back in Iowa visiting family. I found the staff to be very helpful and polite. The fitness center is kind of cramped, but the 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical machine is relatively new. The hotel also offers complimentary guess passes to Core Fitness in North LIberty, which is open 24 hours. The free guess passes is a really nice perk. The hotel is next to Olive Garden, Pancheros and other dining opportunities on the Coralville strip. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I was pleased to see that our hotel met your high standards and am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I know many of our guests appreciate the complimentary passes to Core Fitness and I am glad you were able to take advantage of that. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again next time you are in the area.
Assitant General Manager