New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Coralville
St. Louis, MO
“Would consider again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

In town for a tennis tournament. Clean, quiet hotel that thankfully accommodated two beds (despite the fact that we had to book for one king - was my teenage son and husband so king wasn't the ideal!). "Interesting" patrons - the guy in the camouflage on the elevator with the knife hanging from his belt and the teens with pants hanging low and boxers showing was not the ideal, BUT, once behind closed doors, no problems. Free breakfast was acceptable. Elevator seemed near failure (incredibly loud squeaky noise when in operation and a large jolt when arriving at floor). Front desk largely left unattended, at least when we were in and out. Free parking. Train does sound horn when passing but not a sleeping issue for us. Eat at The Brown Bottle (good salad, garlic bread and pasta although $30 for two) and check out Whitey's Ice Cream across the street. Also of interest, the Natl' History Museum on the Iowa U campus.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
I am so happy to hear we were able to get you a room that would comfortably accommodate your family during their trip to Coralville. I would like to assure you that we have recently had our elevator serviced and the "squeaking" noise has been taken care of.
I apologize you didn't get more interaction with our Front Desk staff, however they do wash and fold 100% of our laundry which keeps them tied up in the back office a lot of the time. We do have cameras in the lobby so they are able to see if any guests are in need of assistance.
I do agree with you about the Brown Bottle and Whiteys and have to admit that I find myself indulging in the later more often than I should :)
We hope to see you again when you are in the Iowa City/Coralville area.
Assitant Genreal Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I were passing through and stayed at your hotel. I was very happy with the service we recieved. Quick check in, clean room and pool area. I was especially impressed and appreciated the service and the very nice person who took care of the breakfast area in the morning. We stayed Tues to Wed. July16-17..please pass it along to her...she was great with our kids.

Room Tip: The king exec suite it awesome for families and business...lots of space.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm so glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay. Chris (our breakfast attendant) has been with us for years and she was tickled to recieve your praises. I know she enjoys chatting with our guests and is particularly engaging with the children :)
We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to the Iowa City/Coralville area.
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is the place I stay when I'm in the Iowa City area, This is a great hotel and very convenient to where I need to go. I highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Madhawk
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your satisfaction with our facility. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and it is very encouraging to recieve such positive feedback from our clients. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay in Iowa City - right off I-80 and next to a decent shopping mall and several restaurants. It's not at all far from campus if you're going there. There is also a popular biking/walking/jogging path nearby and the hotel has a free loaner bike.

Rooms are decent, everything was clean, safe parking, etc.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I have to agree that the fitness trails in town are excellent and I am glad you were able to utilize our bicycle to explore them.
We look forward to seeing you again inthe future.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Booked two nights at this hotel for a wedding we were attending. Checked in with no problems, room was clean and well prepared. Nice standard sized hotel room...clean bathroom! No mold, everything was clean and well maintained. I wish other hotels would pay attention to this! No problems during stay. I need to fax and use computers quite a bit, staff was gracious and available to help. Computers easily available and worked well. Free breakfast was extensive, I would say there was something for everyone available. And despite what appeared to be a pretty full house, staff kept the food replenished as needed. Another benefit is that this hotel is on the shopping mall grounds. Nice mall...Target, JC Penney, Sears etc. Good all around experience at this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
amandacturner, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Coralville, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our main goal in the hospitality industry is 100% guest satisfaction and it is wonderful to recieve such high praises from our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you to Iowa City/Coralville.

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have been there before and this is a very good place. While pool is small it is a great place to stay for a night or two. Excellant Breakfast , weekday cocktails and large rooms . relatively quiet . close to Mall and Interstate. evryone on staff very friendly and helpful .

Noithing to complain about :))

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am happy to hear that you have stayed with us before and continue to visit our hotel when you are in the Iowa City/Coralville area. Our staff enjoys our repeat guests as they get a better chance to get to know you and your preferences. I would like to thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Saluda, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Good place to stay, not all H.I.E. rate as high . The people were friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location worked for us since we were visiting family in Iowa City.
If you stay longer than one night, don't be shy, they do not always re-supply everything the second and third day. I think it was the Coralville H.I.E. that did not supply lotion in the room, they keep it at the front desk.
The train did not bother us. It reminded us of where we used to live.

Room Tip: If you don't like the sound of a train, you may want to ask for a room away from the tracks.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and service, and it is encouraging to recieve such pleasant comments from our guests. Holiday Inn no longer requires lotion to be in the rooms anymore, but we like to keep it available at the desk as many frequent guests like our signature cinnamon smell :) Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.