“Excellent BBQ”
Review of Bandana's BBQ - CLOSED

Bandana's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of a chain of BBQ restaurants.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited this location 8/2/14 the parking lot is strangely designed but parking was adequate. Once inside we were promptly seated even though they were slightly busy. Our waitress came out promptly and took our order and even asked if it was our 1st time there as it was, we asked what she would recommend. The pulled pork was amazing. The other people at our table was very satisfied with their order as well. As we were sitting and talking during our meal the manager came by and asked how everything was and if it was our 1st time there. Everything was great and we will be back... Thanks for making our dinner great.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were visiting Coralville for the Junior Olympics and tried this BBQ place. Fast, friendly service. Was it the BEST pulled pork I ever had? No, but it was tasty. Good sized portions, even the lunch size was enough for 2.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Sitting in their parking lot after leaving almost my entire meal. It took a long time to receive my meal which I had hoped showed the care taken. The beef platter was noticeably dry when it came out. It tasted even dryer than it looked. The fries were tasteless - as if just opened from a freezer bag. The only thing edible was the potato salad. After a couple bites I had to stop. Wasn't worth chewing.

1  Thank Ptcarroll
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Inviting room, great wait staff, sad food. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I don't have a clue how this got to be a chain. The food is pathetic. Tasteless brisket, wilted brown bits in the salad, Unappetizing ribs, mushy green beans, and Brunswick stew that is simply inedible.

1  Thank globetrotter33221
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stopped at this location during our vacation recently, as we were passing through and stayed at a motel across the street for the night. We actually have a Bandana's in our hometown, but this one beats it hands down! Very clean, friendly servers, and the food is fantastic!