“Impressed!”
Review of Bandana's BBQ - CLOSED

Bandana's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of a chain of BBQ restaurants.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I love good bbq - I'm from Texas so I have had lots of bbq - I just want to see what the local bbq would be like - I have to say it was very good! I actally came back the next day and ate it again! The staff was friendly anf the food was awsome! Highly recommend to anyone!

1  Thank KingWillie W

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am really surprised by all the good reviews. Maybe we ended up at this restaurant on an off night. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich which was extremely fatty. Really, really poor quality of meat. My husband order some ribs that were just ok. The locals say it is a good lunch spot, but our dinner experience was disappointing. The wait staff, however, was great. Very helpful and prompt. Just work on the food quality, please!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Bandana's Bar-B-Q is located conveniently off I-80 in Coralville. Just south of Perkins, this bar and grill serves amazing food. One surprise is fried Okra. I knew Cracker Barrel served southern foods like this, but was pleasantly surprised to find it locally. In one section of the restaurant there are TV's everywhere. You can go there and eat a fabulous meal while catching the game, almost any game, while friendly servers make you feel at home.

1  Thank ddarner
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Avoid wasting your money here, it is not worth it. Head over to Jimmy Jack's for some excellent Q! I lived in Memphis and love BBQ and Bandana's is a disappointment.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I called in for pick-up as we were passing through town. They were very helpful and had everything ready when we arrived. The pulled pork was outstanding and the sauce choices were delicious! The fries were average, but the beans and okra were tasty. The prices were very reasonable for the portions!