“A classy place for a special night out”

Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Olathe
“A classy place for a special night out”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I have had dinner here several times over the years. A classy restaurant in a renovated 100 year old power plant on the Iowa River. Fabulous menu with something for everyone. I've had the sesame chicken , beef teriaki, chicken parmesean. All excellent. My husband loves their prime rib. If you're in Iowa City treat your self to a meal here

• Visited October 2013

Plum City, Wisconsin
“This was a very pleasant experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a college football game. Our friends took us to this place for they had been there beforehand and enjoyed it. We were so glad we did. I had the turkey and cheese sandwich and it was great. My husband had the sirloin and he said it was delicious, with all meat and no waste. I found that the service was excellent. The owner came out and greeted us. It was a fun experience!

• Visited November 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The wait staff was wonderful for accommodating Celiac Disease - they even had gluten free bread. One of the best gluten free experiences in the area. The rest of the food and steak was prepared very well. We will be going back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rachel M
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great special occasion!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé took me here as a celebratory dinner after I passed boards. He had reserved a ya or overlooking the river, where we had the pleasure of watching some fisherman pull in a few walleye while we waited. Food was great, and service was attentive. My fiancé mentioned to the server our cause for celebration and he brought out dessert on a plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate sauce--what a nice touch!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Coby S
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped in Iowa City to spend the night, taking a break from our road trip. We were driving by on our way to a chain restaurant, but we saw Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant and decided to stop. We were seated by the window overlooking the water (and construction), took out our menus and were surprised by the prices. It was more then we wanted to pay, but we decided to order an appetizer for each of us and a drink. We were beyond pleased with our choices...my husband ordered the crab puffs and I the spinach artichoke dip. Both were beyond our hopes...large servings plenty to share and wonderful taste. Our waitress was delightful instead of being shorter because we ordered less she explained she had done the same thing the night before. It was great of her to do that... we really appreciated that!!

• Visited September 2013