“Worth the trip off the interstate”

Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wonderful restaurant in, as the name suggests, a restored power plant. Ask for a window table by the river so that you can enjoy the view. We went for lunch and were not disappointed. I had a salad which was more than a meal in itself. Service was very slow, so if time is of the essence, you might want to mention that when you order.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My out of town parents always choose this place. Good food and attentive staff. Great view of river.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Disappointed in our last meal there. Probably will not go back again. We can make a better steak at home.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently visited the IRPC for a business dinner. We had a large crowd of around 20. The appetizers were calamari and stuffed mushroom caps. Both were very good and the calamari stood out as excellent. For dinner I had a filet and also tomato bisque. The soup was very good and the filet was a nice cut of meat. My only complaint is that it was cooked more done the requested. I would think that was due to the large group.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The view of the Iowa River is spectacular from the windows. I've visited here several times. The service is always good. But while their rib-eye's rock, it depends on who is cooking. Twice the steak was done to perfection. Two other times- overcooked. Still, worth a visit, especially in the winter when eagles visit the river to swoop down on unsuspecting fish. Truly, a carnivore's place.