“Great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant

Iowa River Power Co. Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sioux City, Iowa
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We decided to try this restaurant on my birthday after tons of recommendations! The atmosphere is great! We got sat at a table right next to the windows and had great views of the river. I ordered the New York Strip with Rice Pilaf; my husband ordered the Standard Prime Rib with Seasoned Potatoes. The portions were nice sized, but should be for the price! The steak and prime rib were well seasoned. They had a great wine list, but wish the brought out a dessert list as well. I'm sure we will come back to this restaurant for other special occasions.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Always a great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We had dinner at Iowa River Power Company after the Iowa Homecoming game. We expected a long wait since the town was full of game day visitors. Though the parking lot was full, we were still able to get seated right away. Always excellent food, great wine list, wonderful atmosphere and great scenice view of the Iowa River. Try the Apple Smoked Chops, super choice!

• Visited October 2011
Waterloo, Iowa
“"Hold the Hair"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

When my burnt shrimp was set in front of me, the first thing I did was remove the long blonde hair on top of it. The crabby lady that delivered the food to our table saw it and made a wonderful gesture of taking the broccoli off of my plate, carrying it in her hands back to the kitchen and getting me fresh! What about the cocoanut shrimp?? My husbands steak was filled with white gristle. We asked for water twice. Never got it. Even though the owner compted my lunch, it was our first and last time we'll ever dine there!!!! Not recommended!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Here4theride
Chicago, Illinois
“Great steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My Mother, husband, son, and I were in town for the big "college" drop off and wanted to have a nice dinner. We passed the Iowa River Power Company restaurant several times on our two visits. We decided to try it.

We all had steaks. Three of us had the terriyaki top sirloin and my husband had surf and turf comprised of their prime rib and shrimp. Everything was fantastic. The steaks were cooked to order and the sauce seared in juiciness. My husband's prime rib was cooked to his perfect medium and did not continue to cook and be overdone. Entrees are served with soup or salad, fries, baked, or rice and veggies. They bring hot fresh bread with honey butter. I would definitely eat there again.

The view of the river is beautiful. The restaurant overlooks the rushing river and lined by trees. We were there in the summer but imagine it's just as pretty in the winter covered in white.

I would recommend a visit!

• Visited August 2011
Indiana
“Incredible views for a little town in Iowa I had never heard of before!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

My sister and brother in law came to visit me while I was on business in Iowa City. Being Sunday in the Midwest, not much open and if it was, it was closing early! So we opted for an early dinner at the Iowa River Power Co. We got a seat right by the window and had the most fun watching the river (with the darn tree that has been stuck for over a year now according to the hostess!), watching the ducks with their babies, and watching the fishermen. The food was very good, although the portions are huge!!! I easily could have split by seafood linguine with 2 other people. My sister's and my cheddar broccoli soup was just ok, it a little tepid for my taste, and honestly I think they use frozen veggies for it, but it was still edible. Bread was divine! Hold of on adding any pepper to the linguine, I learned the hard way it was already loaded with pepper! After dinner we walked the bridge, read about how Coralville got it's name, and saw the dragon fly sculpute on the other side of the river which was so cute. I will add a picture later after I download it from my Bloggie. Lots of history in the restaurant and along the bridge to read about.

• Visited July 2011