“My choice for sushi in Coralville/IC”
Review of Konomi Restaurant

Konomi Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 122 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waterloo, Iowa
“My choice for sushi in Coralville/IC”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Meonetwo roll is my favorite--it has huge flavor. Other favorites include the dragon roll and the spicy yellowtail. The complimentary edamame is good but I wish they served Bintang. My sister and I got hooked on this Indonesian beer while we were in Bali...I had to settle for the closest thing, but it wasn't as smooth as Bintang. The place is never terribly crowded when I go, which is usually very early (5:00 p.m.) but I bet it is packed later at night. My very favorite place for sushi in the area...

• Visited August 2012

Ankeny, IA
“Great food, a bit pricey. Excellent beers on tap.”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Check it out. Lot's of good sushi in the area, this is one of the best, but not the best.

• Visited August 2011
Pittsburgh
“Fresh and delicious sushi”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I totally agree: the quality of sushi is equal to restaurants on the East and West coast! Friendly service. Complimentary Edami were brought out to us with the drinks: nice gesture!

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great tepanyaki experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have been here twice in 2010. Both times I was with a large family group at a tepanyaki table. The food and service were above average. Of note, the cocktails are great and the sushi was amazing. It is bit pricy compared to other restaurants, but the entertainment is great for the added price. I will go back-

• Visited September 2010
Celebration, Florida
“Amazing quality”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

If you are interested in high quality sushi, just go to Konomi. If you are not a fan of sushi, Konomi has a variety of other Japanese inspired dishes and sushi choices that could satisfy even the pickiest eater. If you are in the Iowa City/Coralville area, you have to try Konomi.