“Terrible Service and Rude waitress:(” 2 of 5 bubbles

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
“Terrible Service and Rude waitress:(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Several things made this the last time we will eat at this Texas Roadhouse. After we ordered another person brought out our food but they were behind on the baked potatoes, so they told us they would bring them out in just a couple if minutes.....they never came. Waitress never refilled our drinks or brought another basket if rolls. Caught a completely different person walking by and asked for steak sauce and they never returned with any. TERRIBLE SERVICE! When our waitress came with the bill I asked if she deducted the potatoes we never received....she was so rude! Said they didn't charge extra so why would we do that? I informed her the steaks came with 2 sides for the price I paid and we received 1 side only. She could have cared less! I will never eat here again and would never recommend this place to anyone. There's a new Cheddars just down the street I would go there instead!

2 Thank Dazzle930

Spirit Lake, Iowa
“Super food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

The servicer was fantastic.......the food we had was absolutely wonderful! Prime rib done to perfection, chicken was yummy with just the right amount of bbque sauce......great food!

Visited February 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“A late bite hit the spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a year-end shopping trip involving way too many stores, we walked out of Bed, Bath & Beyond only to see that the sun had set, it was dark,, and cold. Rather than drive the 40 minutes to get home, we found that the Roadhouse was luring us in to get a quick dinner, rather than prepare, serve and clean up after dinner at home.
We usually share an entrée, and ordered the mid-sized house sirloin, medium-rare, with a potato and a Caesar salad. After a few peanuts, a glass of beer and some country-rock tunes on the sound system, our food arrived, hot and steamy. Now, this chain does have a set way of doing things, from the greeting upon entering, to the hot rolls (always a fav!), to the seasoning on the meat and potatoes. Everything was cooked to order, as ordered, with lots of flavor and the correct temperature. Yes, it can get a little loud in there, but if you don't mind the music and the echo of the acoustics, you really can't argue about the food. It was tasty, filling and satisfying. We go to one of the half-dozen or so versions of the same process about every quarter or so. I must say, we haven't been disappointed yet.

Davenport, Iowa
“Service too slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went there for lunch on a Saturday during the holidays. The wait staff looked and acted tired and slow, our drinks were never refilled. My wife order the pull pork sandwich and it was totally dry to the point that was hard to swallow, Steak fries were greasy, and soggy. This was our first visit to this restaurant, I certainly expected better service from Texas Roadhouse. Attention to detail matters, but I guess it didn’t matter to them during our visit. Service wasn't rude. Place seemed relatively clean. Dining area was a little noisy, but didn't interfere with the meal.

Newton, Iowa
“Hopefully Just a Bad Night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am hoping this was just a bad night for Texas Roadhouse....If not I am hoping it just pertains to this Texas Roadhouse and not the rest. As the picture below will show the night started out wrong right after we were seated. We were taken to our table within minutes of our arrival and received fresh rolls, end of the good. After 12 minutes of waiting for our server and watching others who arrived after we did get waited on and after I got up to ask for someone to wait on us Cathy arrived with a cheerful hello....Before this we watched Cathy sit down and have a very nice and long discussion with who I will call a good friend or her grandma. Cathy wanted to just take our drink orders but I insisted that she take our food order as well. Cathy was either over friendly or was just mocking me after I had to hunt her down. Food arrived cold and over cooked....very sad. I refused to send our order back due to the fact I feel if we did and as history has shown, it would have been worse than before. After telling Cathy about our displeasure she smilied and asked if we would like to buy a gift card...We did not. Please post if you go and you have better luck than we did....Good Luck!

• 5 of 5 bubbles