“Best Dining around Coralville and iowa City”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Coralville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New London, Iowa
“Best Dining around Coralville and iowa City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Always enjoy getting the opportunity to travel to Coralville and stop in at the Roadhouse. The staff are friendly, the service is wonderful, the food is superb and if you are a steak lover don't miss. Every Roadhouse I have been too (in four states) are fantastic!

Visited October 2012

Iowa City, Iowa
“Steaks are good, despite the cheesy cowboy decor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

It's a decent place to have a good steak. When this place first opened a couple of years ago, they used to serve free peanuts from a big barrel while the patrons were waiting for a table. Now they just bring a small bucket of peanuts to your table after you're seated. I don't know, I kinda liked shelling the peanuts while waiting for a table--gave me something to do. Too bad they don't do this any more. Maybe it's because everyone was dropping the shells all over the floor--which I thought was their intention. Anyway, the food is decent. We always skip the sweet butter because the rolls they serve are already so high in fat. It's definitely tempting though. Steaks are well prepared. Sides are better-tasting than expected for a chain establishment. They also serve a wide assortment of beers. The waiters and waitresses sometimes break out into spontaneous line-dancing, which some people like. Having lived in Texas for a long time and witnessed countless line dances, the novelty has worn off for me though. One more thing, the place is usually very loud and it's somewhat hard to have a conversation here.

Visited March 2012
Coralville, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last Chance Dance for this Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have visited this location on three instances. Each time, there was something wrong with the order we placed. The host forgot our silverware to start things off. Tonight, our server seemed to take their time taking drink orders and taking our food order. I think it was an average amount of business for the night, not too busy. Our steaks were ordered MR and M. After a long wait the M came out less done than the MR, brought to us by another server. The manager came over and put in another order for my sirloin. By the time it came out, I had finished my half-rack of ribs and sides and both my water and Coke were empty. Our empty bread basket, on the edge, was still not cleared by our server or the manager. We were never offered a refill on either of our drinks and had to keep on the lookout for her to even get our check. When we got it, there was no discount taken from our check. It was explained to me as, "Well, since they re-made it, we won't give you a discount." We ended up with $4 deducted from our bill. I don't think that this location cares about any corporate image protection or maybe it's just their business model. Because of this location, I will not visit any other locations this company has to offer.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nick W
Iowa City, Iowa
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I love Texas roadhouse. T-bone is my favorite. I love many of the meals I've tried. And those rolls....ooohhh those rolls. They have the best rolls ever. So basically good steak, good rolls. I have has some negative experiences in the past regarding service but nothing too bad that I can actually specifically recall.

Visited September 2012
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
“Great food, service average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Food was outstanding! Service was a little slow - had to ask multiple times for refills or additional items for our table.

Visited September 2012