“Only one bad thing. ”

Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Our one pillow smelled mildewed. Other than that, staff was nice, rooms were clean, there is an amenities area with many items available, the lobby has a (self paid) breakfast bar and Starbucks coffee.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoodIntenders
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive was enjoyable. I am sorry if the pillow in you room had an odor. I will share your feedback with my housekeeping staff.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We hope to see you one your next trip to the area.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was everything I expected from Courtyard. Clean, comfortable, up to date and very friendly service. The room I stayed in did face the interstate and the noise was noticeable at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel but you may want to ask for a room that doesn't face the interstate.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole_T_MSP
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive.

You indicated in your response the problem that you experienced with Interstate noise. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We are in the process of replacing our exterior windows with units that are more sound resistant.

Once again, I am sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Why did we pick this hotel for two nights? It was the cheapest rate of the Marriott properties in and around DM this past weekend. The location couldn't be much better for on/off Interstate access in any direction. Downtown is 15 min. Our king room on the first floor facing the pool included a small patio and two chairs. The bed and climate controls were fine. It's a typically well maintained with Marriott sterility property and surroundings It was a quiet Saturday night. Location, comfortable bed, and quiet for the price equals one extra star in our book.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive was enjoyable. I will share your feedback with my staff.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Having stayed here about 5 years ago I thought I knew what to expect, but I didn’t realize the hotel had done a major remodel during that time. Everything appeared to be new, top to bottom. It now has a modern chic look. I have no complaints really, and had a wonderful stay. This place easily gets 5 stars for my stay.

Pros:
Location is ideal
Friendly staff
VERY comfortable bed
Good shower pressure and the hot water never ran out
LG high-def TV had an excellent picture
Redesigned modern lobby with a bar, bistro, and Starbucks coffee
Nice pool, whirlpool, and courtyard
Complimentary Wi-Fi worked great
Rate was more than 70% off thanks to a Priceline bid
Some rooms have balconies overlooking the courtyard
Modern
The best room-darkening shades & curtains I have ever seen
Adequate fitness room
Plenty of free parking
Clean
Walls are thin

Cons:
Sink and bathtub both drained very slowly
Some highway noise
No fridge or microwave in my room

Room Tip: A room not facing the interstate would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K_0_0_z
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive was enjoyable. I will share this survey with my team.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. We hope to see you one your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I choose to stay at the Courtyard because it was close to our destination. We are expecting good things from this hotel based on the reviews. When we arrived and checked into our room (117), we noticed that we could hear every conversation taking place in the parking lot, (our room was on the first floor) almost like the window was open. We then decided to check out the pool area. The hot-tub was out of order, which was very disappointing to us. When we returned to our room later that evening, we attempted to go to sleep. Our room was located next to a side exit. Every time the door would open and close we could hear it in our room. To the point where the walls almost shook. After the door closed we would hear the conversations of every single person who entered or exited that door that night. I was finally able to go to sleep around 1:30 am. when the door stopped opening and closing. Thinking I would get a good night sleep at 1:30 AM, I awoke early in the morning to the housekeepers and other guests walking past our room. We were very disappointed in our stay and we would not recommend this hotel, at least room 117, to any of our friends, and we will also more than likey not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 117. Ask for a different room if you are given this one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay R
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive.

You indicated in your review the problems that you experienced with noise from the adjoining entrance and the Spa being temporarily closed . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I understand the importance of a goods nights rest and the ability to relax when traveling. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Once again, I am sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again on your next trip to the area. I would be more than happy to do something for you. I feel that we did not give you the service you deserved. Please contact me at the property to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were greeted very nicely and promptly. We just stayed for one nice. The lobby is nice and has some great places to eat and business center. The pool and workout room (which was pretty small) were tucked away in a weird place. The elevators are strangely far away from the lobby, so ask to be on the first floor if possible. Or maybe not since everyone has to trek past your room for a while to get there. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The beds were super comfortable! We had a very nice breakfast in the lobby. It was a pretty nice, clean place to sleep. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thanks for the feed back. I will share this with my staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have a very seasoned staff that does a great job for us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The staff was friendly.The hotel felt clean. The pool area/exercise room is on the smaller side but looked clean and well taken care of. The bistro had an excellent breakfast we got the french toast and eggs sausage toast and both were delicious. Fresh strawberries on top the french toast were nice. Usually hotels of this level have a free breakfast. They did have free parking. They had a special rate on the Marriott website and I was able to get a good deal. We didn't hear any noise from other rooms. The shower had really hot water like burning hot but we both were able to take showers and have hot water which we really appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am so glad you had a pleasant experience at the Hotel and in our Bistro. I hope you stop by and stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
#17 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive? Share your experiences!