Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
$130
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn(Urbandale)
$90
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines(Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$67
All reviewsstarbucks coffeedes moinesbusiness tripmarriott propertiesnice bistroteam dinnertennis tournamentnice lobbyfree wificomfortable stayindoor pool and hot tubstayed two nightshighly recommend this propertyfirst floorplenty of places to eatthe main highwaybaker's square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I choose to stay at the Courtyard because it was close to our destination. We are expecting good things from this hotel based on the reviews. When we arrived and checked into our room (117), we noticed that we could hear every conversation taking place in the parking lot, (our room was on the first floor) almost like the window was open. We then decided to check out the pool area. The hot-tub was out of order, which was very disappointing to us. When we returned to our room later that evening, we attempted to go to sleep. Our room was located next to a side exit. Every time the door would open and close we could hear it in our room. To the point where the walls almost shook. After the door closed we would hear the conversations of every single person who entered or exited that door that night. I was finally able to go to sleep around 1:30 am. when the door stopped opening and closing. Thinking I would get a good night sleep at 1:30 AM, I awoke early in the morning to the housekeepers and other guests walking past our room. We were very disappointed in our stay and we would not recommend this hotel, at least room 117, to any of our friends, and we will also more than likey not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 117. Ask for a different room if you are given this one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay R
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive.

You indicated in your review the problems that you experienced with noise from the adjoining entrance and the Spa being temporarily closed . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I understand the importance of a goods nights rest and the ability to relax when traveling. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Once again, I am sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again on your next trip to the area. I would be more than happy to do something for you. I feel that we did not give you the service you deserved. Please contact me at the property to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were greeted very nicely and promptly. We just stayed for one nice. The lobby is nice and has some great places to eat and business center. The pool and workout room (which was pretty small) were tucked away in a weird place. The elevators are strangely far away from the lobby, so ask to be on the first floor if possible. Or maybe not since everyone has to trek past your room for a while to get there. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The beds were super comfortable! We had a very nice breakfast in the lobby. It was a pretty nice, clean place to sleep. No complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thanks for the feed back. I will share this with my staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have a very seasoned staff that does a great job for us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The staff was friendly.The hotel felt clean. The pool area/exercise room is on the smaller side but looked clean and well taken care of. The bistro had an excellent breakfast we got the french toast and eggs sausage toast and both were delicious. Fresh strawberries on top the french toast were nice. Usually hotels of this level have a free breakfast. They did have free parking. They had a special rate on the Marriott website and I was able to get a good deal. We didn't hear any noise from other rooms. The shower had really hot water like burning hot but we both were able to take showers and have hot water which we really appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am so glad you had a pleasant experience at the Hotel and in our Bistro. I hope you stop by and stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We travel often to Des Moines, but never stayed here. Very clean and comfortable. We did not eat at all, but it seemed inviting. The arrangement of the room was a bit odd, usually a bed faces a television, but was positioned on the side. Not too comfortable for the other side of the bed. Ask for a room away from the interstate though, it is loud.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thanks for your comments. I will share them with my staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband had a business trip and I tagged along. The hotel was clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The bathroom was roomy. The restaurant was only open for breakfast and dinner so I didn't try anything there. There is a marketplace in the hotel to purchase snacks and forgotten items. It was a bit pricey ($2.65 for a 20 oz soda) but very convenient. The fitness room offers treadmills, an eliptical, stationary bike, and free weights. Not all rooms have a mini fridge so ask if you want one.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are possibly quieter than outside rooms where you hear quite a bit of traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Teal E
Jeff V, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you on your next trip to the area.

Jeff