“room was clean, common areas could use some sprucing up as...”

Days Inn des Moines-West Clive
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Farnhamville
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The desk clerk at check in was wonderful and friendly. After that there was absolutely no one else who seemed to care. Our room was clean when we got there but they never came to clean the room the next day nor did they even bother to take our trash out of our room. With only one small wastebasket and the fact we had take out in our room the night before that was a problem. I asked the front desk for two extra towels at 2:30 pm on Saturday. I was told every towel they had was in the laundry and what happened to the towels that were in our room. I said there were only two and that my daughter and I would like to have two more. I was told to bring the two that we had in our room to the front desk and I could have two more. I pointed out that we each use two towels when we shower and we just wanted two extra. Then I was told they would bring them to our room. At 9 pm I walked back up to the front desk to get the towels and went through the same question and answer scenario as the first time. All the while there was a pile of towels sitting on the front desk for the guys who were going to use the pool. Finally after asking repeatedly why we couldn't have two more towels the lady at the front desk gave me two off the pile. If this hotel only has two towels per room per stay they may want to invest in a few more or tell you to bring your own from home if staying there. I didn't expect full housekeeping either since we were staying two nights but the trash being taken out and the bed made would have been nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jeris S, General Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. Currently, our property is going through renovations both interior and exterior. Our staff has been working diligently to address any issues our customers need assistance with. If you need anything in the near future with your stay with us please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards
Days Inn Clive
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Checkin staff efficient, smiles, helpful. Great dinner recommendation. Clean room. Very comfortable bed. Slept great. Woke up refreshed. Great water pressure in shower. Was shown room before I checked in. Would definately stay again. Breakfast hit the spot. Clean dining area, well set up breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. Our staff has been working diligently to address any issues our customers need assistance with. If you need anything in the near future with your stay with us please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards
Days Inn Clive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Sterling Hotel and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive

Been to Days Inn des Moines-West Clive? Share your experiences!