“Bad experience”

Days Inn des Moines-West Clive
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I needed a hotel for 2 nights. This property used to be the Ramada and I had stayed there once. I wanted to avoid it like the plague so I when I searched for hotels I made sure it wasn't the Ramada. Imagine my surprise when I show up and it's the same hotel! I'm keeping the address so I won't make that mistake again. The rooms open to the outside this time we had an interior room all the way at the end of the hall next to the interstate. . . heard traffic all night. Couldn't open the curtains because of all the lights. The hotel isn't secure either the exit doors don't close all the way. If you are looking for a cheap, quick stay perfectly fine. Rooms and beds are small. There are refrigerator, coffee maker, hairdryer, and iron in the rooms. The decor is rundown. The elevator jolts when it stops I looked at the certificate and it hadn't been checked in 2 years?? The television was so weird. You have to manually turn the channel to 3 then you can use the remote (weird). I don't usually mind some of these things, but I was looking for a nicer place to stay this time. They have a good continental breakfast. The staff was nice too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Paul:

I'm sorry for the experience you have received here at the Days Inn in Clive, while you were in the Des Moines area.

I have discussed your issues with our staff and apologize again.

I did get the go ahead for new bedding and drapes which will be delivered and installed at the end of April 2013.

Please call me the next time you are in the Des Moines area and we can arrange a complementary room once we have completed our updating.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Jeris S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Sterling Hotel and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
BEST WESTERN PLUS Des Moines West Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive

Been to Days Inn des Moines-West Clive? Share your experiences!