“management and front desk was horrible and rude”

Days Inn des Moines-West Clive
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed January 2, 2013

this place is a dump. i dont know who they have for maintenance but he needs to be let go. room was not maintained. had trouble with door front desk called maint. but he never came. i dont know where they got their manager he needs to go back asap. he looks down on us as we wwre trash and talks to his staff bad.
overall gwt rid of maintenance man and manager place will be so much better.

• Stayed: December 2012
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I'm sorry that you had troubles with the front desk staff. I see that you checked in around 8PM and left very early in the morning. I will speak to the front desk employees to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I do apologize for your stay, and hope we can make it up to you.

Thanks

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very polite....but that is the only good part.

The hotel is def. outdated. The shower was nasty- the bed and pillows were some of the worst ever- but nothing was worse than the heater!!! OMG! It would not stay on a current temp- it was either hotter than the tropics or colder than the Artic. Worst nights sleep ever...

Breakfast is pretty pointless. They do have a flip waffle machine, but it was so dirty that our waffles were covered with a black grease like substance all over them. Besides that, they had 1 apple out, 2 types of cereal and some bagels.

If you are looking for somewhere nice to stay, I wouldn't pick here- but if you just need somewhere to lay your head and have your own pillows- then I guess this is for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vanillac2u
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I appreciate the time and effort it took to let us know how we are doing.

I'm sorry that you problems you encountered during your stay with us here at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa. I hope that we can improve for you and any other guests to stay with us.

Please try us again when you are in the Des Moines area.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Room 305 was of very poor quality. The hotel was nearly empty and they put us in the room farthest from the lobby. The sprinkler in the room had gone off at some point and the walls, ceiling and pictures all had water damage. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I'm sorry that your room was not up to your expectations. I wish you would have contacted the front desk upon check in, and we could have moved you rooms that you would have been satisfied with.

I will get maintenance to paint room and check on that heater. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Please try us again next time you are in the Des Moines area.

I do apologize for your troubles with your room.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

A Wyndham traveler
TABOR CITY
Reviewed December 16, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Decent room in a good location, however the bedding could use some upgrade. Blanket with holes in it, sheets barely fit the bed, however they were clean. Front staff were nice and friendly. No hallways, doors open to the parking lot. price is perfect for a quick over night stop when traveling.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

We appreciate the time you took to comment on how our property and staff were during your stay with us.

We are in the process of updated our bedding and drapes. We have to make final decisions and get the order placed. I do know how the first impressions are, and we want them to be the best they can, for all of our guests.

I'm glad that the front desk staff was able to help you out in any way you needed. Our first and second floors do have outside room access, but our third floor is all interior corridors.

I look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in the Des Moines area. If you would like interior corridors, please ask to be assigned to our third floor.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We pulled in about 8pm~~one person working said one rate was their best, when I said the online rate was cheaper, they said tough! I asked if I coul use the computer in my car and book the hotel, they said that rate was over, and came donw $5 on their price~~ needless to say we aere over charged by $15!!
Breakfast in the morning was not the best~~no danish rolls, and only waffles or oatmeal for the breakfast. Coffee was awful as well. Will NEVER stay at this hotel again,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

We appreciate your response and comments on how we are doing for your needs during your visit to the Des Moines area.

I'm sorry for the confusion and mis-understandings about the rates quoted. Online rates are set up differently than on property rates. They have many different rate structures and policies. All of their rates are based off our Rack rate. I have spoke to the front desk and we must be more accommodating to the online rates that are out there.

I apologize for your troubles and hope that you will try us again the next time you are in the Des Moines area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Sterling Hotel and Suites
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn des Moines-West Clive? Share your experiences!