“days inn snow day”

Days Inn des Moines-West Clive
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hanover
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Decent room in a good location, however the bedding could use some upgrade. Blanket with holes in it, sheets barely fit the bed, however they were clean. Front staff were nice and friendly. No hallways, doors open to the parking lot. price is perfect for a quick over night stop when traveling.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

We appreciate the time you took to comment on how our property and staff were during your stay with us.

We are in the process of updated our bedding and drapes. We have to make final decisions and get the order placed. I do know how the first impressions are, and we want them to be the best they can, for all of our guests.

I'm glad that the front desk staff was able to help you out in any way you needed. Our first and second floors do have outside room access, but our third floor is all interior corridors.

I look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in the Des Moines area. If you would like interior corridors, please ask to be assigned to our third floor.
Deer Trail
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We pulled in about 8pm~~one person working said one rate was their best, when I said the online rate was cheaper, they said tough! I asked if I coul use the computer in my car and book the hotel, they said that rate was over, and came donw $5 on their price~~ needless to say we aere over charged by $15!!
Breakfast in the morning was not the best~~no danish rolls, and only waffles or oatmeal for the breakfast. Coffee was awful as well. Will NEVER stay at this hotel again,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

We appreciate your response and comments on how we are doing for your needs during your visit to the Des Moines area.

I'm sorry for the confusion and mis-understandings about the rates quoted. Online rates are set up differently than on property rates. They have many different rate structures and policies. All of their rates are based off our Rack rate. I have spoke to the front desk and we must be more accommodating to the online rates that are out there.

I apologize for your troubles and hope that you will try us again the next time you are in the Des Moines area.

Travelers are raving about these Clive hotels

Concord, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second time than I stayed at the Days Inn, in Clive, Iowa. Both visits were enjoyable. I didn't write a review the first time, but it was a pleasant experience too.

This visit was on 11/19/2012. I stayed in room 210, the room was very nice, clean, had a refrigerator, coffee maker, but no microwave. The only problem that I noticed was that there was no smoke detector. There was a smoke detector base, but no detector unit that plugs into the base. To be picky, the room could use more receptacles near the desk to plug in a computer or cell phone. There are two or more receptacles in other locations in the room, but not within the reach of the desk/table.

When I was checking out, Colleen Y was at the desk. I told her about the smoke detector, she said she would report it to whoever is responsible for smoke detectors. I also told her about not having a microwave in my room. She said that a lot of the rooms have microwave ovens. If in the future my room doesn't have one, I should call the front desk and they will provide one.

When I was walking to my room, I could hear loud highway traffic. But once in my room I could not hear the traffic. The best room are 228 to 250, or other rooms at that end of the building.

The bottom line, this Days Inn is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: The best room are 228 to 250, or other rooms at that end of the building.