“Days Inn DM West-Clive”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive
GRAND JUNCTION
“Days Inn DM West-Clive”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice location; helpful check-in staff with info on where snack machines, ice etc. were located and times for breakfast.

Only drawback is that some of the lamps were not plugged in, so that was confusing in trying to determine why they would not work; lighting in bath areas is too dim, makes for a dingy environment, and the "energy saving" materials wasn't all that convincing. Also, no sound on the HBO channel--just a picture.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa. We appreciate your business.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and ways we can improve things for yourself for future stays and others that will be staying.

I'm sorry for your lighting issues in the rooms. I have spoken to housekeeping and will make sure that all lamps are plugged in and lights are in good and working conditions.

I have called Mediacom with the issues the entire hotel is having with Cable issues.

Thank you for your patronage and I look forward to your next visit with us, when in the Des Moines Area.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
GLADSTONE
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I just wish larger variety for breakfast. Location was Good.walking distance to resturants. The staff was very helpful. Made stay a good one. The room was comfortable. and clean

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I appreciate the time you took to let us know how we are doing. I'm glad that your stay here was pleasant and everyone was helpful to your needs.

I look forward to seeing you next time you stay in the Des Moines area.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times now and I have always received a nice room and the service has always been great. Mike J. goes out of his way to make sure that you are comfortable. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I appreciate your comments and glad that everything was satisfactory with your stay. I will make sure that Mike J sees this comment about him, and show entire staff your recognition.

I look forward to seeing you next time during your stay in the Des Moines area.
EAST MEADOW
Reviewed November 3, 2012

mike was helpful and polite but came off a little cold. he did not understand what drive up exterior entance ment had to go back and change room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding that you had with Mike. I'm sure he knew but different terminology was used and caught him off guard.

I appreciate the time you took to let us know how your stay was.

I look forward to you next stay with us here, when you are in the Des Moines area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our overnight stay was totally disappointing. Room was not very clean, not apparently vacuumed in some time. There was no hot water at all. The breakfast service was also very disappointing, lukewarm weak coffee. The front desk manager did not at all seem to be surprised that we didn't have any hot water for showers. Do avoid this place at all costs--there are many other choices in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn in Clive Iowa.

I appreciate the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am deeply sorry that your stay with us was less than anticipated.

I have let housekeeping know of your comments and will not let this happen again.

I have spoken with the desk person to acknowledge and take care of problems and situations that occur during their shifts.

I hope that you will give us another chance, and we can get you satisfied with your stay with us.
Please feel free to call me at anytime and we can discuss your stay here with us.

Thanks again for your valued input.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have alot of work coming up over the next 6+ months in Des Moines and have found the Days Inn fits nicely for my needs. Drive up rooms and pet friendly works well for me. The friendly front desk folks ( Mike J in particular ) have helped with local info and directions. Nice affordable place to stay so they have my business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Clive, Iowa.

I appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback.

I'm glad that Michael J could make you happy during your stay and provide you with the information you needed and desired.

I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Des Moines area.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 31, 2012

just want to say i had great service from the employee mike j. i will come bk here again when i visit des moines iowa. i am deaf and mike j sure gave me good service . he showed me few things. they are so friendly . make u feel at home

Room Tip: i like the higher floors to view things