“Great Place to Sleep!”

Days Inn des Moines-West Clive
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If your just looking for a place to sleep this is the best place around.

Pros: friendly, attentive staff. Clean and comfortable room. Decent room amenities. Clean pool. Decent price.

Cons: bathroom door stuck a little. Shower was very short, head was so low my husband (5'11") had trouble getting under it. Door out of the room was not well insulated as we could see lights from the hallway but it was still very quiet.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeris S, General Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. Our staff has been working diligently to address any issues our customers need assistance with. If you need anything in the near future with your stay with us please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Days Inn Clive

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Booked two rooms for one night and one room for second night. Manager tried to double raise rates after first night because we booked through hotels.com and State Fair was in town.Moved to a near by hotel where staff was friendly, rooms were clean, and manager did not try to cheat us; what a change...

Room Tip: Save time and money, stay away from this one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. currently, we are going through renovations of our entire hotel inside and out.I have spoken with both my housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding your concern. If you need anything in the near future please ask for me and I will be happy to assist you anytime.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Rooms numbered close to 100/200 etc are close to freeway. Freeway noise is bad for these rooms. Rooms in 130/230 etc area are much quieter. You still need to deal with balky and noisy air conditioning. The room itself is fine and a bargain price. Guess you get what you pay for as surrounding motels are more expensive

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived after midnight, tired and ready to sleep only to find crumbs and popcorn in our beds. It was clear the sheets had not been changed. When we complained to the front desk staff, we got no apology or offer of compensation of any kind. The hotel was around $80. I'd gladly spend that somewhere else for better service and a feeling of well-being.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann B
Jeris S, Manager at Days Inn des Moines-West Clive, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hello,

In response to your review, I have discussed this with my old staff and with my new staff that we have officially replaced.

Manager-Days Inn, Clive, IA

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The room was tiny and no room to move or any place to set your suitcase. Ironing board was broken. Couldn't even see tv without moving the furniture. Bath tub had several curly black hairs in it which we took to desk clerk. There was a dirty towel still hanging on the hook of the bathroom door when we arrived. Floor was filthy and very apparent it hadn't been swept in some time. Also very dusty furniture. Fitted sheet did not fit bed, but they left it on anyway. Top two corners and one bottom corner was loose as it wouldn't stretch that far. We had to sleep on it all wadded up and partially on the mattress pad. Had to go up to third floor to the only working ice machine which was stuck in the most horrible little space I have ever seen. Plaster and filth on the floor. Was horrendous. Walls very thin. Kids above us ran and jumped and ran continually till past midnight and then were up running again at 4 AM. Thought the ceiling was going to fall through. Bed was very comfortable though. Check-in evening desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. Never, never will stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great spot for a overnight stay! The front desk attendant was courteous and helpful, and my room was clean. Also thanks to the FULL CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST and the location(right off the highway) I was able to grab a quick bite and hit the road in the morning without missin a beat! Overall a very pleasant experience after a long day on the road. Definitely worth the price!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Days Inn Clive

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This motel is in a great location and for a Days inn it is just fine. We had a king bed that was very comfortable,room smelled clean and the bathroom was clean. It was very hot that night and the air worked great. Very nice breakfast the next morning and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Its no Hilton but very nice for the price. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Days Inn Clive Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Sterling Hotel and Suites
#13 of 48 in Des Moines
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines

Been to Days Inn des Moines-West Clive? Share your experiences!