“Average theme average food”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Atlanta
“Average theme average food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Maybe I caught them at a less than great night. Arrived around 8pm and had to wait a couple minutes to get seated...even though plenty of tables were empty. Waiter talked me into sprucing up my craft beer with a shot of lemonade...bad choice! Didn't finish the beer! Ordered a cuban sandwich only to be told afterwards they were out of cubans...? The suggested alternative (Reuben) was OK but not great. Just not a lot of flavor but was OK. I wanted this to be a great expereicen so maybe I should give them another chance!!

Visited August 2013

Deltona
“alot of hype didn't deliver”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The food choices weren't that good and neither my wife or I liked the food. The atmosphere was OK, but the waitress was very nice. I would only go here if your looking for many choices of micro beer.

Visited May 2013
Lohrville, Iowa, United States
“Skip it.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On a Monday night, this place was PACKED! we got seated in less than 10 minutes but our waiter was mostly no where to be found and rude. My fiancé has a genetic disorder that doesn't allow him to eat protein so when he orders his food, it can be somewhat of a challenge. The waiter made fun of him for not getting the cheese and walnuts on his roasted beet salad. Also, while our order was correct - all the tables around us that 3+ people all had to have something sent back. Both times we have been to this establishment we have felt that the food wasn't quite up to par with the prices, nothing unique. And the drinks left something to be desired. With so many other great, unique restaurants in Des Moines, it would be better if we all just left this one to the masses.

• Visited July 2013
arizona
“Great new grilled cheese and fresh vegetables”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

New to menu was grilled cheese with bacon and avocado ...very good! Fresh vegetable medley was to die for! I would go back for the vegetables alone! Service was good and price was mid range..pretty large menu...

• Visited July 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Go at your own risk.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was my first and last time going to this establishment. I ordered the 6oz center cut filet. It was the worst thing I have ever tasted. I won't go in to detail about what it smelled and tasted like. But it was awful.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Granite City Food & Brewery? Share your experiences!