“Great Food”

Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went to Trostel's with another couple and their two middle school aged girls. We tried a variety of "share" menue items and every single one of them was enjoyed by everyone! Serive was great, food was served effeciently on a r table that was equipped with a lazy Susan that allowed the entrees to be moved easily around the table for sampling. I would go back in a minute!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I like Dish. Its a lot of fun to eat tapas. All the dishes I have tried are good or great. I especially liked a fried cous-cous ball. I forget what is called but its excellent. Some of the best calamari I have had as well. They are always changing the menu and adding more ingesting stuff.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a great find in the WDM area! Very nicely proportioned and fairly priced tapas. There is something for everyone's taste. We were a party of 4 and all very much enjoyed the meal. They have an extensive wine list with some nice selections, but only bottled beer. There was live music the Friday night we were there and the space does get noisy. Actually, it was a bit noisy before the music and almost impossible to carry a conversation once the music started. Overall, though, a good experience and we'd definitely return. Reservations accepted for parties of 6 or more only.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stopped here after biking all day. It was advertised as serving small plates and some of the reviews mentioned that it was a bit expensive. I would have to disagree strongly. The food was great and fairly priced and, if anything, the plates were not that small. One could also get a flight of wine-three glasses for only 8 dollars-and they had a great selection. We pass through Des Moines about twice a year and will definitely stop in again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We loved Dish when we lived in Des Moines (Clive, actually). We were definitely regulars. We moved away in 2009. Somewhere along the way, we had heard it closed.

We visited Des Moines and family a few months ago, my first time back with my husband since selling our house and moving to Scottsdale, Arizona. He looked it up online, insisted it was open, and decided we were driving there in a snowstorm.

Now, Scottsdale has some of the most ridiculously great dining you'll find anywhere. After 4 1/2 years here, I am spoiled silly.

To my delight, the menu hadn't changed at all at Dish (I think I even recognized some of the stains on mine.) And the food, the atmosphere and the whole experience was everything I remembered. Right down to their award-winning snowball, a drink no straight man should order, but my husband always does anyhow. (Hmmm.)

Anyhow, Dish was still very impressive, and such a nice surprise.

Enjoy Dish, Des Moines. It's a gem.

Been to Trostel's Dish? Share your experiences!