All reviews social hour des moines meatballs real plates happy hour clean rooms refrigerator and microwave would stay here again hot tub easy access lobby area comfortable bed waffles great place to stay great room front desk clerk convenient location
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Best Western Clive is easy to drive to and is a wonderful place to stay. From the time you check in till you check out you will find very friendly staff and a clean well maintained building. We found the room to be comfortable and quiet, the continental breakfast delicious, and the overall stay wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thanks and I am so glad your family reunion turned out great in my hotel. Thank you for the compliments about my staff, I will be thrilled to share those with them and we certainly hope to host you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I've stayed at 1 new and two remodeled Best Western hotels this year, all of them have been clean, comfortable and had friendly staff. I would recommend Best Western hotels to anyone who appreciates a fair price and a clean, well appointed hotel room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you Sam, I am glad Best Western was able to make this great impression on your travels. BW has indeed changed a lot since the past, with multiple properties offering different levels of amenities. I hope you have a wonderful summer travel season and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

The hotel staff (one older woman particularly and the owner) were very rude over the phone. We also witnessed the same woman being very rude to others who were staying at the hotel. Breakfast was good and rooms were clean, but wouldn't stay again due to customer service. I informed the owner of this and he didn't care to apologize.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest, I am sorry we had to ask your party to leave the pool area but the unattended children were creating a risk for themselves and for other guests as well. Guests are responsible for their children and asking them to please take care of them may seem rude to you because it disrupts your evening plans but it is absolutely essential for the safety of your children as well as the comfort of other guests staying at the hotel. I am sorry you had to change your dinner plans and be with the children instead, but I hope you understand our reasoning in calling you back. Thanks and have a wonderful time traveling safe.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

so, i booked a hotel room here last week, because wildwood was full. anyways for a double standard room, it was over 200 dollars. the hotel was dingy and dirty, the beds were springy and loud. over all terrible

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
kaczusia, Manager at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Dear Guest I am sorry for your frustration at the cost of the room but as you well know having shopped around those were the rates during the special event. The way markets work is that increased demand rises the prices and you as the consumer have the choice to stay or not. If you choose to stay with us please do not lash out by putting down everything about my property because it is not an objective view but a reflection of your frustration of having to pay more then in the past. Thank you and safe travels to you.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Great Service and extra touches; beverages in mini fridge, snacks and beverages in the lobby, etc.
Check in staff recognized my company name and global growth of my company in the last 20 years!.
Room upgrade due to Diamond+ status.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
kaczusia, Owner at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thanks for the good words about us. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. All the best in your summer adventures and come back to see us again soon.