All reviewssocial hourdes moinesmeatballsreal plateshappy hourclean roomsrefrigerator and microwavewould stay here againhot tubeasy accesslobby areacomfortable bedwafflesgreat place to staygreat roomfront desk clerkconvenient location
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is NOT a resort hotel, so you'll get 'scratchy" bath towels and lower quality sheets, but they're clean and I didn't notice any stains. The bathroom sink is in the main room, not with the other two fixtures, and yes it's a bit small counter-wise for the beauty supply junkies. The bathroom fan is rather noisy and controlled by the very oddly placed single light switch - so you may disturb you're traveling partner if you need to use the facility in the middle of the night. Lighting in the main room is awful, mainly because they've converted to all CFL bulbs in not enough light fixtures - reading in bed is tough. Outlets for chargers aren't convenient at all. Overall cleanliness is what I would describe as "office clean" - not up to my "home clean" standards, but good enough and par with the office I work in. Yes if you look in the carpet corners there will be dust that the upright vacuum can't get to. In the bathroom the light colored grout will have places that are darker, and the decorative tile accent diamonds on the floor will have some grime in the grooves. Other hotel bathrooms aren't any cleaner, it's just they didn't make these poor interior architectural choices that show the dirt. Breakfast is your typical fare, includes a waffle maker and the other usual carbs - good enough. Generally this is a place to sleep and move on to where you're going - good enough.

Room Tip: For quietest sleep ask for side away from highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
kaczusia, Manager at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Traveler, thank you for your kind and honest words about my property. I appreciate your input and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel. We strive to offer the best possible value for our guests and strive to improve our offer all the time. Happy travels and good luck in 2013.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at new hotel in Clive. Found booking and checking out were excellent and access back to I-35 very easy. Found hotel to have excellent, clean rooms and breakfast was very good. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank DAVID T

Dear David, thank you very much for your kind words at the start of this great new year. We always strive to please and with our location at the "crossroads of America" we are certainly often on your way.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Despite checking in around midnight, the staff (Brandon) was not only awake, but enthusiastic and very knowledgeable with the perks of the hotel. Check in was a breeze, I was told about the wireless internet (Most places don't even tell me if there is a password, and I have to call down later), the new salt water poool and hot tub, breakfast, and even about their 1700-1900 hr party night with free soda, beer, and pizzas! The room was huge, almost double what I have stayed in before, with a mini fridge, microwave, sleeper bed sofa, and two flat screen tv's! The only negative things were, the plug in the bathtub was not attached and would not plug the water, the bed was firmer than I like, and the pool is not 24 hrs, otherwise I had a great stay, and would definitely stay there again if I head back out that way. I paid in advance, so I don't know anything about invoices being slipped under the door... - Tim U.

Room Tip: They have rooms with whirlpools in them, I would ask if they have any available before getting one without because you didn't know.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HerrUhren
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I really like staying at the Best Western when I am in the Des Moines area. The hotel is your standard 10 year old suburban hotel. It is well taken care and clean. My room was pretty quiet.
This hotel is tops for service with a good breakfast and free wine or beer during their social hour in the evening. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012