“I can't believe it has a 3 Star rating!”

Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Solon, IA
“I can't believe it has a 3 Star rating!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I wish I could remember with certainty what sight had a 3 star rating for this hotel because I'd like to let them know what I think of it. We were very disappointed.
The room was small. Fairly clean but not really nice. Small bath with sink in main room. Can't do anything at sink without waking others up. The other review about the pillows was correct, but I don't know what bed they slept in. In our room, the beds were so bad that I was in awful pain all night. The sheets had tears and burn holes in them! The furniture was outdated, too.
The night desk clerk was polite, but the daytime one was curt on one interaction and indifferent when we checked out. The breakfast was decent.

The best thing was the pool and hot tub. They were stained, but seemed clean enough. They also had salt water in them and fewer chemicals. The water was cool, but not cold. We had a lot of fun in the pool. However, the towels were very old, threadbare and very rough. Great for exfoliation if that is what you want.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
kaczusia, Manager at Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Faith W. I am sorry you do not share the opinion of my property with the majority of our guests and I would like to apologize for any inconveniences and dissapointments that you listed.
Our rating is determined by numerous inspections and standards of such institutions as the AAA, AARP and Best Western and for many years supports the three star rating that we were awarded.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Worth
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great place to stay and the folks working there were great. Steve at the front desk took good care of us and even recommended a great italian pizza/pasta resturant that delivers to your room.

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Basic rooms with very basic ammentities. Rooms do not have full size pillows. Beds are ok; but each of the three pillows are small and square in shape. Suggest you bring your own. rooms need more outlets near beds to accomodate Phones and or laptops. TV was subpar and in need of updates. Breakfast in the lobby was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
grandmahenry
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We recently spent three nights at the Best Western in Clive, Ia during the PBR event in Des Moines, what a great place! Big room with fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast with waffles, sausage and biscuits w/gravy, fruit, danish and more. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: While we were here there were soccer and baseball teams so being on teh first floor was not an advan...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had been traveling for 10 days and this was our last overnight, was greeted by Steve, a very friendly front desk person! He gave us a great place for dinner and a cold beer. Rooms were nice, big and beds comfy. Nice grass area for dogs. Breakfast was good also, would stay again!

1 Thank MichiganFishlady
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I looked a little while trying to find a hotel on trip advisor. I trust the information that is posted because nine times out of ten the reviews are spot on.

I wanted to find a hotel for one night in either West Des Moines/Clive or surrounding areas. I found the reviews for this hotel. I have not been to a Best Western for a long time because they have usually been a disappointment.

My husband and I decided after the comments on trip advisor we would give them another chance. We received the best rate from the Best Western web site. My husband and I spent one night there.

We were in room number 108-A. I was pleasantly surprised by the room. Everything looked fresh and new. The glasses by the ice bucket were very good quality.

I usually have problems with my allergies when I am at a hotel. My only reasoning for this is due to the fact that the filter for the air conditioner/heating unit may need cleaned. This was NOT the case at BWP. I did not have any trouble. This made it very enjoyable. We will be back very soon.

They have free parking, and free wireless internet. It does have a pool and an exercise room. We did not use either one.

We did not make it until 9:30-9:45 am to breakfast. The items were a little limited at that point. This is our fault because we waited until the last minute. We were asked if we wanted anything. We just asked for apple juice do to the fact it was empty. I had oatmeal, a glass of apple juice, fruit and a croissant. My husband had a waffle, apple juice, and a bowl of cereal. There were pasties, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, bagels and slices of bread.

We were pleasantly surprised by this Best Western and will in the future consider other Best Western Hotels.

Room Tip: First floor room 108-A
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2012

What a pleasant surprise! This small property felt new, clean, and "homey". We received a very affordable rate that included a spacious, well-appointed room that was almost spotless, and I am very picky. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and exceeded our expectations. Salt water indoor pool and hot tub also very clean. Front desk staff not only efficient, but went out of their way to be pleasant and personable. My only regret was that we couldn't stay more than one night....but we will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank S S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Hampton Inn Des Moines-West
Hampton Inn Des Moines-West
#2 of 22 in West Des Moines
Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive

Been to Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!