“worst service I have ever had”
Review of Nick's Bar & Grill

Nick's Bar & Grill
Ranked #26 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
“worst service I have ever had”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The waitress was absolutely terrible. She was the rudest person I have ever met. When management was told about all of our problem she replied " she treats everyone like that". I would think they would do something about it then.

• Visited April 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“A consistently excellent local gem”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you are wanting to try something new and get away from the typical chain restaurant, look no further than Nick's Bar & Grill. I have been to Nick's several times over the years and really enjoy it each time I am there. We seem to be coming back more frequently the past year or so. The menu is widely varied so there is something for everyone. Nick's is definitely known for their steaks (the steak de burgo was recently delicious) and I also love the pasta carbonara (sans mushrooms).

Overall, the food and drinks are fantastic, and the atmosphere is great. The dimly lit, dark mahogany restaurant/bar are very cozy and can be romantic for a night out. In good weather the patio and bar area are wonderful. Friendly service + great food + excellent drinks + nice ambiance = a winner in my book.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The menu is adequately varied, the service is always good. The chef and servers are willing to accommodate special requests and the food is good.

Visited November 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food Great service”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were there early on a Saturday night so granted not busy yet. The drinks and food were excellent, three out of four of us had steaks and prime rib, and one had pasta. All of our dinner's were excellent would recommend.

Visited October 2013
Urbandale, Iowa
“Nothing special”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I ordered a grilled tenderloin or pork chop the last visit and did not like the food because it was dry and without any sauce on it I could not eat it. Last week several of our friends decided to have supper at Nick's. This time I just ordered spinach salad and my husband had a ruben sandwich. They were okay. Some of the people who ordered seafood did not like it because it was over cooked. No one mentioned about the food being great. I probably would not return unless someone insisting on meeting me there.

• Visited October 2013