“Not your average strip mall restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Table 128 Bistro & Bar

Table 128 Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Table 128 Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Johnston, Iowa
“Not your average strip mall restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have eaten here twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) but this review is based on our dinner experience last week. My husband and I ate here on a Friday at 6:00. It's your typical strip mall on the outside, but once inside, the feeling is totally different. Dim lighting and very cozy. Our server was very attentive, friendly, and efficient. She had good suggestions and stopped my husband as he was placing his beer order saying that she thought they were out of the beer he wanted. She disappeared to the bar and confirmed they were out, but brought back two others for him to check out that were similar. They have a nice craft beer selection, and also wines and cocktails.

We started with the bread appetizer, which was an assortment of three breads with honey butter. My husband had the heirloom chicken which was served with root vegetables and chili mac and cheese. We both loved the mac and cheese, and the chicken was really good. I had the beef tenderloin, and it was perfectly cooked. We didn't have dessert, but saw someone else's and it looked quite good.

My only criticism, and this is a small thing, is that they really should close the blinds all the way in the front windows in the evenings, as cars pulling in/out of the spots outside had their headlights shining through the cozy, dim space and it was a little annoying.

We will definitely be going back!

• Visited February 2014

Ankeny, Iowa
“Cozy Romantic Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My fiance chose this restaurant for valentines day dinner (the day before). Neither of us have tried this but he chose Table 128 for the reviews. We had a reservation but one was not needed... when we walked in the restaurant was maybe half full but felt perfect. The smaller dining area gives the perfect romantic vibe and was very cozy.

Waitress was amazing (she gave us awesome recommendations!) Since the menu for valentines day was only for the weekend its hard to give recommendations -- but one thing we did try -- the UGLY DONUTS are a must. The waitress said they are on their every day menu. They were so good we almost got another order!

Food portions were large, desert was perfect to split between the two of us. Overall I highly recommend Table 128

• Visited February 2014
Iowa
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have been her3-4 times, as a family and just my husband and I. Every time, everything is great. The food is very fresh. They use local ingredients and grassfed beef, which is hard to find at restaurants around here. The service is great too. Everyone is friendly and helpful. We will definitely keep going back!!

Visited January 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Wonderful place to meet friends for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

They had a great variety of items on the menu. They especially had some awesome vegetarian options being as I am not a fan of meat. Everything was fresh, flavorful and wholesome. My friends and I all agreed it was a place we would be returning soon.

• Visited January 2014
Norwalk, Iowa
“The staff was in the weeds.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our party of 6 arrived for our reservation at 6:30 pm on a Wednesday night. We were seated right away. The server took our drink order and returned with the first few about 20 minutes later. We all had our first drinks within 30 minutes. She came back 15 minutes later and took our order. The appetizers took 25 minutes to arrive, and were very good. Our meals did not arrive until 1 hour 20 minutes later. My pork was VERY over cooked, chewy and dry. My wife's was equally over cooked. One person ordered the trout. She couldn't eat it as it was very fishy tasting and under spiced. We were in the restaurant from 6:30 pm until 10:30. There were several other parties who also waited nearly as long as ours for food. The staff and kitchen just seemed to be in the weeds all night. Not going back.

• Visited October 2013