“I liked it.”

Ranked #52 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Frankfort, Illinois
“I liked it.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this place by accident. We were looking for the pizza place across the parking lot. We realized the pizza place was just ok looking pizza, we went across the way. No disappointment here. The atmosphere was normal bar, the service was good and the food was very good. Wide selection of items. Would go back.

Visited July 2014
, Owner at Rookies Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this review, November 14, 2016
Thanks for your feedback, we hope that you have been able to visit again. We are constantly trying to improve and make positive changes.

Sincerely

Urbandale, Iowa
“Inconsistant, Entree Fail”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I went Tues., July 1 to eat supper, the first room was less than half full and the other room had one family in it, so not too busy. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. We had their drink special, margarita, which was quite good. My husband's salad was very good, not iceburg lettuce, but a good mix of crisp greens and I had yummy tomato soup. Unfortunately the entrees came out. I ordered a medium sirloin steak, the flavor was good but it was very well done (dry) and a bit burnt along the edge and my husband had a half rack of ribs that were quite bony and also dry and very well done. My red potatoes were fried and very greasy. My husband's crinkle cut French fries were excellent and we both loved the grilled asparagus. Obviously whoever was in the kitchen doesn't know how to cook meat which is too bad.

Visited July 2014
Lisa K,

My name is Curt Gomes, the owner of Rookies Sports Bar & Grill. I hope you were able to give us another try. We have make a lot of improvements in the last few years and if you have been in I hope you notice them. We are constantly trying to hire the most qualified staff and recently hired a new kitchen manager from HyVee.

I'm sorry for your past experience,

Sincerely
Waukee, Iowa
“Great variety of appetizers and food...also kids menu”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Steak night special on Wednesday night is the best!!!! They know how to cook their steaks!
Choice of rib-eye or sirloin served with baked potato and Texas toast. The drink special is long island iced tea for $3.
Great appetizers and wide selection of sandwiches. Chicken, hamburger, ruben, philly, etc... is Wednesday! Nice size steak grilled exactly how you want it!
They have booths, regular tables or high-top tables to choose from.

• Visited June 2014
IaGal1

Thanks for the feedback. My name is Curt Gomes, I'm the new owner of Rookies Sports Bar and Grill. I purchased it in April of 2014, so its still a work in progress but its getting better. Thanks for Joining us and hope to see you again.

Mokena, Illinois
“Great bar. Lots of TVs”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Passing through and needed a place to watch the Blackhawks game. Food was good, nicely stocked bar, great server (Jordan, and fairly priced.

GoodIntenders,

Winnipeg, Canada
“Our favorite place we ate on a long road trip”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in here for a meal with a big family group on the recommendation of a local. We were having late lunch on a Saturday so it was not too busy. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and portions were large. Even vegetarian Me, found something yummy on the menu. My kids are still asking when we can go back to eat there (it's a very long drive, guys . . .)

• Visited July 2013